News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Document to a Hungarian Help Pls!

Hi Charles,

That sure is a beautiful Gramota! :jumping::jumping: Yet another great find! You're amazing my friend! :speechless1: I think when you come visit when you're back in the states I'm going to let you take a crack at metal detecting... cause I think with your good fortune re: finding neat goodies you'll hit the motherload!!!! :cheeky:

Dan :cheers:

So he got it for Cooking Lessons? Very interesting. I have actualy found a couple of these in the past, but have passed on them as my Russian language left my head when the Hungarian invaded. (In reality I was actuly conversing very fluently with my Muldovian negigbors for over two year until I had to learn Hungarian....)

Forgive my ignorance - but by everyones comments so far - these are rare? :unsure:

No, these are fairly common depending where you look. The rarity comes in when the items are named to someone that's a senior officer, or is from an unusual unit. I don't collect paper, but I've had at least a half dozen of them with medal groups.

Dave

Here's one that fits into the "unusual unit" category. While not "rare", I would definately classify this one as valuable. It came with many other documents, medals, etc. from the same man.

Dave

It is a certificate stating that Ishtvan Sholloi is rewarded for active participation with the preparation and demonstration of the Hungarian kitchen for family members of Soviet soldiers...

Well - I guess it might be a "special unit" of the "Rakocsi Krumpli" (a specialized Hungarian potato dish) type? :cheeky: