Genst,

This item was offered through a Berlin auction house last year. It is an interesting piece because of the subject and the excellent art work. At 10,000.00 Euros, it did not sell.

Regards,

Gordon

You will note that there is some enamle damage around the bottom on the vase. This would detract from the overall value of any piece but probably not a lot from this specific one because I doubt that there were many made since I have only seen this one.

Regards,

Gordon

I agree it is a beautiful looking vase , but 10,000 Euro,s does stuff like this really go for that much !!!!??? :speechless:

Grant,

No to the price. It didn't sell and didn't appear in the next auction. Who really knows what things like this are worth?

Regards,

Gordon

Grant and Gordon,

the vase is made by the manufacturer "Meissen" The company was founded in 1710. It is the oldest manufacturer

in the world. Their products are from very high quality.

Their prices are incredible. A new vase in this dimensions is about 2.000 Euros.

regards

Andreas

Alfred,

Thanks for your comments. I am familiar with Meissen, more for their very collectable WWII items than anything else, and I was aware of their high prices. I'll have to see if I can compare some of the current Meissen prices, as you supplied, this piece and some of the Third Reich Meissen stuff. I don't know if I brought my Third Reich Meissen catalogue with me or not but it should make an interesting comparison project. Maybe the price for this piece, even with the damage, wasn't too far off the mark after all!

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig