News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Military Merit

The seller tried to jack the price up becasue he claimed that the badge is made of solid silver (!)

Dear hunyadi!

The star on that order IS made of solid silver(you can see 3 stamps on it, all ex yugo orders marked with 3 stamps are made of solid silver ;) )

Hehe it seems you have jacked the seller :D

:cheers:

Edited by Luka

• Replies 120
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear hunyadi!

The star on that order IS made of solid silver(you can see 3 stamps on it, all ex yugo orders marked with 3 stamps are made of solid silver ;) )

Hehe it seems you have jacked the seller :D

:cheers:

Well - that is some good news - thanks for that bit of information! :cheers: What I had thouhgt was heavy plating flaking off is just some good layers of patina.

Slightly :off topic: but is there a good silver industry in Jugoslavia?

Edited by hunyadi

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...

On Hunyadi's order, and others I have seen posted on the forum, the hallmarks have been at the latch end of the pin. I saw onw today that appeared to have the hallmarks to the left of the hinge. The marks were very small and hard to make out. Is it normal to see the hallmarks in this location or are they always down by the latch?

Regards,

Gordon

Detail of the reverse. The seller tried to jack the price up becasue he claimed that the badge is made of solid silver (!) I am going to assume that these are heavy plated and not solid? Dealers are funny - its like he was expecting me to melt it down for more 'value'...

Can you post the weight of a silver award and a tomback award?

Not yet, I have no good equipment in order to provide these data. Sorry.

Generally there should be no 5torches order made from tomback. Only 6torches.

As far I know in all orders central part is made from tombac gilded in 1st and 2nd class and silvered in 3rd class.

Only star could be made from silver or tombac, as I already posted earlier.

Maybe somebody from forum can post the weight of these orders.

regards

waldemar

waldemar,

Thanks for the response. The five torch/six torch info makes it easy to work with.

Regards,

Gordon

Not yet, I have no good equipment in order to provide these data. Sorry.

Generally there should be no 5torches order made from tomback. Only 6torches.

As far I know in all orders central part is made from tombac gilded in 1st and 2nd class and silvered in 3rd class.

Only star could be made from silver or tombac, as I already posted earlier.

Maybe somebody from forum can post the weight of these orders.

regards

waldemar

• 5 months later...
    • 2 months later...

Box number 2 is from period 1955-15.3.1961.

Box number 1 is from period 15.3.1961-1963.

After 1963. is same name on the box, but order have 6 torches.

That is very useful information. Thank you very much Mister No :cheers:

I have 3 different Orden za vojne zasluge III. red, medals, and 4 different cases, I ll post some pictures tommorow.

• 5 months later...

I think that we will have to change our typology of this order.The first model were showed already, but I will show it later again.

This is second model, first type with 5 torches made from silvered tombac without hallmarks. Three other types are well known as described by Bryan in first posting in this thread.

Here are images: