News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Labor

Hi Ed,

WOW! :jumping::jumping: That's stunning!!!! I LOVE cases but I wonder why such a big one for such a comparatively small award? :unsure: And any significance to the I on the back?

Congratulations on finally finishing the set! :beer: Stunning! :love:

Dan :cheers:

My trio:

1- Marked "I" but unnumbered. Forked-pin reverse.

2- Unmarkd reverse, single pin.

3- Marked "III" and numbered "19683". Screwback "* Э. H. Б. * / КOВHИЦД".

Quite a mixture of types? We have a LONG way to go before we catch up to what we know about Mongolian or Albanian awards!

Now . . . on to documented sets . . . ha ha ha ha ha ha . . . .

Edited by Ed_Haynes

My trio:

1- Marked "I" but unnumbered. Forked-pin reverse.

2- Unmarkd reverse, single pin.

3- Marked "III" and numbered "19683". Screwback "* Э. H. Б. * / КOВHИЦД".

Quite a mixture of types? We have a LONG way to go before we catch up to what we know about Mongolian or Albanian awards!

Very nice set Ed :love::jumping:

Order of Victory

We have a LONG way to go before we catch up to what we know about Mongolian or Albanian awards!

Dear Ed,

very fine trio :cheers: .

You stated true words :( .

But some members already showed some documented sets :D .

To get "Mongolian-Knowledge" about YU-Awards would yield into a major research project.

We will have to wait some days for the coming Serbian government - maybe there might be some interest in the phaleristic history of Serbia/Yugoslavia from official side, who knows .... :unsure::rolleyes:

Best regards :beer:

Christian

• 3 months later...

Some documents just in. As these are badly rolled (and read that any way you wish) and LARGE, I can't guarntee the quality of the scans, but here we go . . . .

3rd class, 1987.

Dear Ed,

I have an rather similar document from the 1960s (too large for scanning :( ), which got the grand-aunt of my daughter Milica with her 3rd class - she later got also a 2nd class.

My document is more old fashioned and with some fancy original writing.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Hi Ed,

Geez... okay, now I have to find documented awards because I LOVE those docs!!!! :love::love::jumping:

Yet more things to add to the list. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing... they are beautiful! :beer:

But, at a tightly rolled 49 cm x 34.5 cm (19-1/4" x 13-3/16") they are a "beee-atch" to scan"

:rolleyes:

Lovely things, though! :jumping:

:cheers:

But, at a tightly rolled 49 cm x 34.5 cm (19-1/4" x 13-3/16") they are a "beee-atch" to scan"

:rolleyes:

Lovely things, though! :jumping:

Hey, I think you did an excellent job. Had that one not shifted just slightly... and even then considering. To do some of my things I've really had to get into some strange positions, holdings things, with other things keeping the lid of the scanner slightly elevated and then having to reach across to type in the proper dimensions for the final scan. And then having to do it several times. But then the end result is generally always worth it.

But these are so much nicer than the small types that I've seen issued by many of the Warsaw Pact countries. More decorative like many of the TR docs I've seen. I especially love the large representations of the awards.

So just how hard it is to find Yugoslavian awards with docs and does that move the price way up? I've yet to see any on Ebay which is my primary source unless something pops up in the club.

• 2 months later...
    • 1 year later...

another show pick up- a second class. Here is the back-silver, but plain with a straight pin marked "ZNO Kovinca". bad scan-sorry

Edited by Ulsterman

Hi Ulsterman, great new order, congratulation :cheers:

The text on the needle it must be ZIN-KOVNICA, or ZNB-KOVNICA. In fact, it was the same producer ZIN = "Zavod za Izradu Novcanica" after nationalization (I think) in 1948 the factory was merged into National Bank. The name has been changed to ZNB = "Zavod Narodne Banke" as well.

But it doesn't mean that all needle starting from 1948(?) had the new name.

waldemar