News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cased Miniatures

And last but not least the case exterior:

Especially due to the red color of the case and it's general look this reminded me strongly of the ultra rare state produced cased Hungarian Order and Badge sets we've seen on the Hungarian forum:

Post #79:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11559&st=60

Posts #154 & 155:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11559&st=140

Posts #390 thru #396:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11559&st=380

In any case it's a beautiful miniature set but way out of my league. :speechless1:

Dan :cheers:

Dear Dan,

many thanks for posting us that "juwel-case" :cheers: .

Seems to be complete - all orders & medals of Yugoslavia :D .

Seems to be expensive - well above USD 1.000,- :unsure: ?

But minis are no "real" orders :( .

Please post us the link to e-bay and tell us the actual bidding price :love: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: Maybe it might be possible to get that "juwel-case" for much less in Belgrade or Zagreb :unsure: ?

"Juwel-Case" with YU-Minis at e-bay

Gentlemen,

Dan "Hauptmann" told me, that the starting bid had been USD 1.500,- and the bidding is now well above USD 2.000,- :speechless1: .

A lot of bucks for minis, which are no "real" orders :( .

Christian

Hi Christian,

Slight correction... the starting is indeed $1,500 but no bids and the "But It Now" price is $2,200. :speechless1:

Agree... a ton for minis. But again if this is like the state produced Hungarian cased awards they are "extremely" rare with only a couple of one and one of the other known.

But to me, one could purchase all the mini's and then put together or have a case made for much cheaper than these are running. But again they would not be an "officially state produced set"... if this is the case for these.

Thanks, :beer:

Gentlemen,

as Dan "Hauptmann" pointed it out, that might be (I am rather sure about that) the state official "jewel-case" :love: .

But on the other side, the price for the box of minis is "heavy" and you have to add: Shipping, insurance, customs + VAT-tax :( .

I paid for my minis less than USD 2,- (two Dollars) each at my dealer in Vienna. Sorry, but for years he dosen't have any in offer :( .

I assume, that this box is not soooo rare and there might be the chance to find some others in Belgrade, Zagreb, Sarajevo, Skopje or Laibach :D - hopefully for a fraction of the asked price :unsure: .

Christian

BTW: If I would be a really rich man, who dosen't know, how to spend his money, I might invest the USD 3k into this box.

Edited by Christian Zulus

Hi all,

I'm going to try this again. Seems there was a glitch in the system as originally on post #4 I'd posted the link to the auction, etc., only to discover it missing later. :unsure: I'd assumed it had been deleted by someone in admin but Nick says he checked the logs and that's not the case. So we'll give it another try. Here's the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ex-YUGOSLAVIA-Collecti...1QQcmdZViewItem

Still no bids... not surprising with that kind of a price.

Anyhow be very interesting to see if it actually sells and for what kind of price. :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Christian

you are right with your idea. :jumping:

Indeed this type of jewel-case complete set of orders in miniature (the 3rd type with the flat back and poor enamel work) was given to high ranked officers (mainly generals) upon their retirement. Some of the cases had the JNA emblem on the front cover and a type of diploma of gratitude inside. I still have kept my miniature collection and of course my box. I will have to make a couple of pictures on tuesday in my office.

Best regards

Milan

Dear Dan,

many thanks for posting us that "juwel-case" :cheers: .

Seems to be complete - all orders & medals of Yugoslavia :D .

Seems to be expensive - well above USD 1.000,- :unsure: ?

But minis are no "real" orders :( .

Please post us the link to e-bay and tell us the actual bidding price :love: .

Christian

BTW: Maybe it might be possible to get that "juwel-case" for much less in Belgrade or Zagreb :unsure: ?

• 10 months later...

Rick,

I'll take pictures tomorrow when I have better light. The miniatures are all mounted on metal bars. Each miniature has two metals pins on the back that fit through corresponding holes in the metal bars and are then bent over to hold the miniatures in place. The metal bars have a long needle type of pin at each end and a small device that goes on the end to cover the point. It would appear that the pins are stuck through the clothing and then the small devices put on the pointed ends. This probably serves two purposes. To protect the wearer from the sharp points and to hold the ribbon bar in place.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Guest Rick Research

Ah! thanks! I've never seen these over here and wondered if the miniatures slid on and off. So these are made for permanent wear this way. :cheers: