News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Yugoslavian Flag

I had a chance to buy 4th and 5th class twice but I didn't. It's not in my interest. I collect more or less 1941-1945 orders and signs/decorations from late 40s and early 50s.

About Yugoslavian flag it's funny how the prices go becouse the 5th class is the rarest and the cheapest at the same time... :speechless:

• Replies 94
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you are right. It is pitty that there is no documentation. I'm using 'Yugoslavia Army Insignia & Decorations 1918 - 1990' but even this book covers not all medals. Good sample is VIS Medal issued in 1966 and given to member of general stuff and Tito comrades from Vis island. There is no information about this medal in this book. There are probably far more examples like this one.

I found another medal za povodom 30 godina pobjede - and I couldn't find any information about this medal in this book.

I have an impression that there are far more medals which maybe are still uncovered.

What catalog or book are you using?

I have few serbian auction catalogues and there is a serbian catalog Orden. I also have some books in Slovenian language, don't think they're avaibable in english too. Otherwise I get alot of information from other Slovenian collectors and friends. :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 5 months later...

Bryan,

Thanks for the post. I've been folllowing the Spink auction but didn't see this piece. I would tread lightly here before bidding. Since they show the reverse of the neck order I asked them for a picture of the obverse. There answer was it would be a long time in coming as the items were now on display. I suspect there may be enamel damage to the obverse and that is why they did not picture it on the auction. Their answer is similar to what a farmer shovels in his barn!

Regards,

Gordon

Gents,

The auction posted by Bryan has ended with a winning bid price of GBP 360.00 and ebay converts this to US$712.30. When you add Spink's 22.5 percent fee and 15 pounds shipping the actual total is approximetly $900.00. Above what I would pay considering condition, no case etc. Here is a picture of the obverse that Spink eventually sent to me. There does not appear to be any enamel damage but lots of surface wear etc.

Regards,

Gordon

• 3 months later...

Hello KDVR

yes the box is original and the order looks OK. To be more sure I would need some better resolution pics, but as far as I can sees there is nothing wrong and if the price is reasonable this could be a nice buy.

Best regards from Switzerland

Milan

Gents, what do you think about that convolute? - no documents. Is that the original box?

Forgott to mention something :speechless1:

the only thing what is missing are the three according ribbon bars which usually were in the box too (the empty spaces beside the breast star)

regards

Milan

Gents, what do you think about that convolute? - no documents. Is that the original box?

Many thanks Milan

How much is the approx. payed price for such a convolute?

Thank you

KDVR

KDVR,

It's hard to tell about the price these days.

Couple years ago such sets were selling in $500 to $1,000 range.

William

• 4 months later...