News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial German Automobile Corps

Vic,

Very interesting material. Thanks for assembling it and making it available. :jumping:

My only suggestion for improvement would be to enlarge many of the photos (if space permits).

Best regards,

Chip

Thanks for your comments. Chip, thanks for your idea about the pics. One problem we ran into working from the US and Germany was the electronic transfer back and forth of pics. Large pics is definitely something we like. Vic

great site, it looks great and has much information, drivers aren't really a side of this time-period you hear about, so quite special if you ask me.

I myself work in an old car museum where we have the car of Kaiser Wilhelm II, but also other German cars from this periode and ww2(such as sir Winston Churchill his car), so therefore I am very interested in your site of course.

Would you like a photo of the document to the Driver of Prins Bernhard? The later Prince of the Netherlands?

Gentlemen,

thanks for your nice comments ! I?m the German Co-author of Vic and both of us appreciate your statements.

Herr General, we are interested for sure ! That is the reason why the Addendum exists. If you want, please email it to me through the site or use this adress, please:

info@kaiserlicherautomobilclub.de

Please add your name if you wish, so we can credit you for your support. Thanks in advance !

We really need highres pics, this is in the pipeline right now. But we are very busy with the following Aero Corps article. Incredibly infos we found about early aviation: German stealth airplanes in 1916, for example. Photo of the FIRST four German Milit?rflieger from D?beritz, Lugers, Richthofens uniform, Immelmanns plm etc.

Thanks for looking to our site !

Best;

Flyingdutchman

great site, it looks great and has much information, drivers aren't really a side of this time-period you hear about, so quite special if you ask me.

I myself work in an old car museum where we have the car of Kaiser Wilhelm II, but also other German cars from this periode and ww2(such as sir Winston Churchill his car), so therefore I am very interested in your site of course.

Goedemiddag!

that sounds very interesting ! Any chance to get a nice pic of Wilhelms car for our site ? Is it from the time of his exile in Huis Doorn ? Or maybe earlier ?

Dank U wel !

Flyingdutchman

Gentlemen:

We really appreciate your support on this project. We would like copies of anything directly related to this study. We also would appreciate any leads to you can give us on uniforms, daggers, pins, etc. This is a long term project for us.

It is really interesting to me to discover that the first dress dagger worn by a member of the German Heer happened in World War I. We have learned so much from this project.

Vic :cheers:

Goedemiddag!

that sounds very interesting ! Any chance to get a nice pic of Wilhelms car for our site ? Is it from the time of his exile in Huis Doorn ? Or maybe earlier ?

Dank U wel !

Flyingdutchman

I'll have to ask if I can give you a pictue, the owner of the collection isn't fond of his cars being shown on internet without permittion.

It's a Mercedes N?rnberg 500 from the period of his exile in the Netherlands.A nice fact of the car is that Wilhelm II and the driver where separated by glass but Wilhelm II could give him orders by pressing buttons such as, for example; schnell, links, rechts, zu hause etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really your men I guess, but an interesting and colourful picture nonetheless, with a Hussar adapting to Horsepower...

Auto.jpg

Anyone happens to know what kind of car this may be ?

Cheers,

Jerome

• 3 years later...
    • 3 weeks later...

No I was wrong ,it's the Wanderer Puppchen !!!

Only the Puppchen had a 1person driver seat with the 2nd seat behind the driver and

the car emblem is the same like on the pic !

The mistake with the audi was because all cars out of this time looks so similar.

Here's the wikipedia article:

Wikipedia Wanderer Puppchen

MHV_Wanderer_Puppchen_1911_01.jpg

There's also one for sale for €38000 Wanderer Puppchen for sale

Foto8-1-%21%21s0,GT%21BW0%7E$%28KGrHqF,%

Foto8-1-%21%21s0,ELQBW0%7E$%28KGrHqJ,%21

Foto8-1-%21%21s0,E-Q%21m0%7E$%28KGrHqJ,%

Foto8-1-%21%21s0,FfwCW0%7E$%28KGrHqN,%21

Foto8-1-%21%21s0,HC%21EW0%7E$%28KGrHqF,%

Edited by Username