News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Militarverdeinstkreuz kreuz with KD

Alex K

Hi all, I have in my collection the following MVK with KD. It all came like this. I have however noticed the MVK with a different ribbon, is this the correct ribbon for this award with the KD attachment. The case does say KD although the lettering is quite faded.

any help appreciated

regards

Alex

kevin just for clarification, should I be looking for this ribbon but with the KD swords attached

thanks

Hallo Alex K :cheers:

You only need the ribbon, as the Swords on the "Karl Troop Cross" ribbon should not be there, in my opinion.

Sometimes finding the Austrian swords alone is very hard :o

Kevin in Deva. :D

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

Swords on the generic war ribbon were only authorized at the end of 1916, for all awards using that ribbon EXCEPT the Bravery Medals.

@Alex,

nice Cross in rare type of box. your cross is a variant type. this crosses were sold for dedications. therefore the backside center was made of silver (for engraving) instead of the usual white enamel.

if you ever want so sell. feel free sending me an PM :rolleyes:

hayna

• 4 weeks later...

Just to resurrect this for another silly question, How are the swords attached to the ribbons, I've had a look and can see no obvious method of securing the swords, were they sewn on? there doesn't appear to be any pins through the ribbon.

regards

Alex

Hi Kevin thanks for the reply, I'm sure I had a look at the back of the ribbon, unfortunately it's tri-fold so it was difficult, and didn't see any, however I'll take another look. BTW like those press studs!

Regards

Alex

Guest Rick Research

Yes-- clips or snaps to fit over the horizontal loops by which each individual award or its ribbon was weakly and messily attached.

So that's why many period photo's show little loops on their uniforms without any dec's, presumably when you received a decoration you just slipped the ribbon bar into pre-sewn loops! clever.

Alex

Kevin, Thanks for the comments, However as I said in earlier post, I would have another look, the results are attached, summary, no stitching on the front and no pins on the back!! what else Glue!!!

regards

Alex

• 2 years later...

Most of the cases when the backside center damaged from wear, used to replace it with silver center. I saw one with navy button center once, but I think it was a modification by a collector.

Regards,

Bazsi