News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here's one I bought off Michel ages ago...

Shame about the 'ding' - apart from that it's in great nick!

Anyone aware of any provenanced R3 EK1's out there - and any indication as to whether these are early, late, or intermediary pieces?

Marshall

What you could find on a rounder pin..... if you were really, really, really lucky....

Yes.... Boeger & Co. appear to have made Round 3 EK1's - one of the more significant bits of information uncovered recently as far as I'm concerened! Well done on that Chris. beer.gif

(The VC wasn't unattractive either..)

Marshall

Edited by Biro

• 2 years later...

I have to get one of those "slender pin" types!

Well, I'd trade a near mint cased slender pin (or a vaulted ne in correct case) for your stippled core anyday :-)

It's the onle variation I don't have (yet)

regards,

Ben

• 2 months later...

Just keep the thread running and would like to contribute more on the forum.

I have no plan to get a round "3" EKI into my collection, because the price is very high to me. I think many collectors may have the same thought "A round "3" EKI, the different is only on the pin setting and the one and only one round "3". It is not worth to get one like this. I can get 3-4 cased examples." At least this is my origianl thought. But I have a chance to see a cased EKI round "3" for sale. Can't resist....it's different and the detail is much sharp and better than most of the other normal EKIs. It came with a very nice early case....as a man, how to resist a beautiful lady came with beautiful dressing.......so here she is in my collection

post-617-1222341261.jpg

post-617-1222341269.jpg

post-617-1222341278.jpg

Bryan, there are more then 1 version, and the difference is not only in th pin.

The cross posted by George Stimson is completely different to the cross you show, and there are also 2 Deschler pin variations that are totally different.

By now I know 4 or 5 variations.

I do agree the one you show here is the most common, but it's not the only type you can find.

Best regards,

Ben

• 3 years later...