News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TUI , or typing under influence I guess...

The only thing that may be original is the core.

Can't put a maker on the frame or the hardware, so I think that is repro.

Another good round 3 ek2 butchered to make a quick buck... ;-(

Hi Ben,

Thank yo ufor the comments

It is interisting, because I was pazzled with the fact that the core is original and the frame looks new

There is no any Maker mark on the frame -the EK is unmarked

It is a bad news for me however a good news for collectors ..they can see what is in the market at tne moment

Regards

Graf

Hi guys,

Just an update for the EK1 with a round 3

I contacted the dealer and asked him the buy it back.

He refused claiming that the EK1 in his opinion is ORIGINAL and also that because I bought it more then 4 years ago he is not liable any more.

I do not have a heart to pass it to unsuspecting novice as original, therefore i have to keep it in the drawer with other repros.

Regards

Graf

Graf, who is the dealer??

If the item has been sold as guaranteed original, he should take it back, since the dealer is supposed to know what hew is selling.

I had a discussion with a German dealer about a prinzen clasp that I bought 6 years ago, and he is going to take it back.

They usually claim they sell authentic stuff and they earn a living by selling stuff.

So he is a professional.

Therefor he should take it back, it's his problem, not yours.

best regards,

Ben

I agree with you Ben.

The fact is that I have the EK and he has my money, therefore the problem is mine

He is a registered Dealer here in Australia.. He will not accept that EK is not an original unless I have a certificate by someone who is an "expert" in the field

Regards

Graf

Hi Garf,

well, I presume there is a serious amount involved, so ask the dealer which expert he recommends for authentication.

Then it is his turn.

Send it to the recommended expert and see what the outcome is.

Good luck!!

Best regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the advice I will give a try

I will wait for moremembers to respond to my listing as well

I trust your opinion, however one or two more confirming opinions from some of the senior members will be quite supportive for me

For your information the amount involved is 500$

Regards

Graf

Hi Graf,

no problem, I completely understand that.

Well, that would have been cheap for an authentic round 3, they usually sell at about $1100 and up, that wasn't really less a few years ago.

But $ 500 is still a lot of money for something that isn't authentic.

Round 3 crosses are usually unmarked, the only marked example I have seen so far was shown on this forum by Chris Boonzaier.

A very credible one, given the source, but that is really the only marked round 3 so far.

Good luck!!

Ben

Hi Ben,

That fact that The EK was unmarked and the core is Original was that lured me into buying it

The pin looked a little bit different from the books, however i did not pay too much attention on this detail

Also the very new look of the whole EK, a fact which nowdays triggers a question abouth the originality.

I believed that, at that time, if the dealer was registered evrything was OK

Now, when you say that it might be a core from a "butchered' EK2 with a round 3 I realise how easy could be to trick unexperienced novice in the field.

Your opinion was shared with another member on different forum, which i started few days ago, regarding the EK1 with round 3 and EK1 Schinkel Type

Regards

Graf

Hi Chris,

I just noticed your comment.

Thank you

I am happy that i shared this EK1 with the other memebers from the club

This will prevent them from buying similar forgeries

Moral of the story is if not sure consult with people more experienced in the field

I am glad that I joined the Club few months ago,

I will advice any collector to do so. If you collect and not sharing with others, you are quite prone to make, sometimes costly, mistakes.

Regards

Graf

Dear Members,

Just to let you know that the EK1 with round 3, together with another "rare bird' EK1 Schinkel Type are back where the belong --the dealer.

He bought it back, offcourse not for the same price, I lost a little bit money, however I am happy.

Members Beware the EK1s will be back on the market

Thank you for your information and advice

Kind Regards

Graf

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, I just discovered this forum a few weeks ago. I recently purchased a few Nazi items from an old estate sale & the EK1 happens to have the rounded 3 in the date. The pin on the back is marked L/17. There was also a Treffen Badge, EK2 w/ribbon, bronze Tank Assault Badge, RLB pins & lots of WWII papers relating to a 21 year old soldier killed at Stalingrad. Other medals and pins I'm doing some research on when I get some spare time. I will attempt to get some photos posted of the EK1 but it might take a few days as I'm not exactly a computer whiz. I'd like your opinion on this as I am no expert in this field. Thanks, Terry.