News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gents

I am looking for data on the career of the sachson officer Alban von Montbe. Over the internet I could ifnd out he was Stadtkommandant of Dresden 1874-1885. He also held the Inhaberkreuz (=4th Class) of the Wilhelmsorden, that's why I am interested in the 1st place. A picture would be great too :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot

David M

David,

here is General Alban v. Montb?. He was not the Kommandant of Dresden but the commander of the 2. Infanterie-Division Nr. 24 at Leipzig from 22 December 1873 - 10 Mar 1885. He lived to a great age dying on 28 January 1911.

Regards

Glenn

David,

the portrait and the text is from "Die Generale der deutschen Armee von 1848-1871", Band II by G v. Glasenapp. Here is the General`s death notice from the Saxon Army "Milit?r-Verordnungsblatt".

Regards

Glenn

Hi Glenn

That is an interesting title!!! is it set-up by country and does it also contain the last kurhessian Generals 1848-1866 like Schirmer, Kaltenborn and R?ppell von Helmschwerdt?

David

Edited by David M

Hi Glenn,

as my research progresses, I found some other senoir prussian officers

and wondered if they would be in your book as well, again looking for career data, pictures and possible dates of the (foreign)awards:

Wilhelm von Kienitz, geboren M?nster 23.03.1823

D70/71, OldV2bXaR, PrRa2mE, PrKr2, EK2, PrDK, Pr66, PrZM

Adolf von Herzberg,

D70/71, Ludwigsorden2a, HssP2b, MecklWKr2a, McklSchwMVK1, OldV2bX, PrRA2mSt&E&XaR, PrRA2mSch&Xor, PrKr1mXaR, PrKr3X, EK1, PrDK, Pr64, Pr66, PrZM, WldVK1, WrtF1 OestEK3X, RussSt1

Friedrich Graf von Perponcher-Sedlnitzky,

AnhA1 BVKO1 BayMich1 BdZL1mBr BdZL1XmgoldeneKtt BrnL1 D70/71 HanG3 HssP1 HohEK1 LpEK1 MecklWkr1mgKr MecklSchMVD2 OldV1 PrRAGKmE&Kr PrRAmEmEdKrXaR PrKr2X PrHoh1 EKII PrLD1 Pr66 PrZM KsaA1msSt GsaF1 HSaH1 SchLpMvM WldMVK1 WrtF1 BlgL1 DuD1 GrchE1 JapV1 LtM&L1 TosCiv1 NdL1 OestL1 OestEK1 OestFJ1 PersL&S1 PrtChr1 PrtV1 RMSt1 RussAletc RussA1mBr SchwdN1 SpCIII SrbT1 TuerO1 TuerM1.

Thanks again,

David