News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Paul,

Seems like the tabs are a dark waffenfarbe? Pioneer, medical? What is your guess? great photo.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I noticed the dark tabs too. That is what got me to zooming in on the photo. The funny thing is that the eagles on the helmets are not really visible while looking at the photo in hand. I really love these scanners!

It specifically states in the "books" that medical units did not draw members for a band. I think that the waffenfarbe is black. Perhaps an early RLM unit?

Great picture & blow-ups. Remember, often times old B/W film played funny tricks with colors. What looks dark on the tabs may actually be a lighter color (yellow was notorious for turning up almost black in old B/W film).

Scott

• 3 months later...

Thank you for the compliment on the uniform earlier. I feel that that collecting gods were definitely with me. I am surprised that Peter had it on his site for as long as it was!! Perhaps it was because it was a private made piece(as they were all supposed to be), versus a 100% standard LW pattern? There could not be more than a few dozen of these men. I bet they all knew one another(at least by name). I am still very perplexed by the blue ones. I am sure that they are pretty irreplaceable!! Your LW collection is amazing.

• 3 months later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 4 months later...

Hello, everyone, a fine topic!

Can anyone recognize this conductor?

Photo was published in "Handbuch f?r die Singleiter der Wehrmacht"

(Verlag Merseburger & Co., Leipzig) and the only caption written was

"Ein Musikkorps der Luftwaffe". Photo reminds me of a very similar one

showing the band of Regiment "General G?ring" with Stabsmusikmeister

Paul Haase, also taken in front of some barracks...

(photo was posted in my forum by member 'nothingspecial')

Wehrpas to Stabsfeldwebel Wolf Ohlendorf, Wachbataillon der Luftwaffe Berlin (ex- Musikleiter).

That is some really great stuff!!! A nice photo of the rank of Stabsfeldwebel in the Soldbuch as well! I am very envious! I wonder if he served as a Musikleiter with all of those units or if he went on to serve as a combattant, as the war progressed.

I do not recognize that conductor. Do you have a name for him? Welcome to the GMIC, HMVSCF!