News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Either one of the six possible imperial navy/Prussian army and the short list of deviceless Third Reich possibilities: RAD 4-12, Police 8, SS VT/TK 4-8 or most likely the double "Wehrmacht style" wear of RAD 12 and 4 which was quite common but I've never found an actual regulation allowing. Or the naughty man had an imperial XII and choose to "two Wehrmachts may be worn" improperly as an XII with an IX, which I have also seen.

But the presence of an EK Spange would make my prime suspect a former WW1 junior NCO or private (the W?rttemberg silver MMM for enlisted ranks) who was a Feldmeister type in the RAD (12 & 4 RADs) at the WW2 front, as so many of them were.

Either one of the six possible imperial navy/Prussian army and the short list of deviceless Third Reich possibilities: RAD 4-12, Police 8, SS VT/TK 4-8 or most likely the double "Wehrmacht style" wear of RAD 12 and 4 which was quite common but I've never found an actual regulation allowing. Or the naughty man had an imperial XII and choose to "two Wehrmachts may be worn" improperly as an XII with an IX, which I have also seen.

But the presence of an EK Spange would make my prime suspect a former WW1 junior NCO or private (the W?rttemberg silver MMM for enlisted ranks) who was a Feldmeister type in the RAD (12 & 4 RADs) at the WW2 front, as so many of them were.

Wouldn't any of the 3rd Reich awards have had the mini emblem on the ribbon though ?

Guest Rick Research

Nope! While there were minis (apparently unauthorized, but from the period) for the two possible SS and the Polizei 8, I have only seen less than one handful of either SS medal devices combined over the years, and precisely TWO Polizei 8 devices. The RAD had devices for their 12 and 4 awards in 1940 which were logical, needed, and specific-- but they were explicitly banned.

So chances are the double plains are RAD, or an Imperial one and a Police or RAD one. The SS long services were only worn singly, never as doubles.