News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello guys!

I'm very interested in organisation pins ad badges and I'd reallylike to know if there are any books on this topic (with pictures and descriptions/maybe prices too...). I've only found these 4 books on ebay: TINNIES OF THE THIRD REICH BOOK VOL 1-4 OUT PRINT

Thanks for help!

Most of them are out of print now I'm afraid.

JR Cone - One People, One Reich, Enameled Organizational Badges of Germany 1918 - 1945

A catalogue rather than a reference book "Heering - H?sken, Katalog der Abzeichen deutscher Organisationen 1871-1945" covers virtually all enamel & organisational badges. As with any work, there are disputed items in it & others missing, only obverse images are shown, no reverses.

A forgotten work is "Br?ggemann - Rowedder, Deutschland im Spiegel seiner Abzeichen 1930 - 45". Similar to H?sken but only 53 pages (H?sken is over 400) & printed in 1977.

Cheers

Don

Those four books you speak of are years out of date....and a lot of the images are not very clear....but......they were the first to cover 'tinnie's in great detail...

Overall, the four books probably feature approx 1600 examples of tinnies....the only plus side is that they have a few images not shown in the next two books that I will advise you really should buy...

"Tagungs- und Veranstaltungsabzeichen 1930 - 1945" by Reinhard Tieste ...the books are A4 sized, hardback, and feature 12,500 tinnies...

...if you do buy them, make sure you buy the most recent edition (2006) 5th Auflage...

...it will cost 80 Euros for both books...well worth it !

...here's a link to the Reinhard Tieste website. Scroll down and you will see the books I mentioned...

http://www.tieste.de/literatur/LITERATURANGEBOT.htm

Regards.

Those four books you speak of are years out of date....and a lot of the images are not very clear....but......they were the first to cover 'tinnie's in great detail...

Overall, the four books probably feature approx 1600 examples of tinnies....the only plus side is that they have a few images not shown in the next two books that I will advise you really should buy...

"Tagungs- und Veranstaltungsabzeichen 1930 - 1945" by Reinhard Tieste ...the books are A4 sized, hardback, and feature 12,500 tinnies...

...if you do buy them, make sure you buy the most recent edition (2006) 5th Auflage...

...it will cost 80 Euros for both books...well worth it !

...here's a link to the Reinhard Tieste website. Scroll down and you will see the books I mentioned...

http://www.tieste.de/literatur/LITERATURANGEBOT.htm

Regards.

Thanks, looks very interesting. Please tell me one more thing. Are descriptions and prices also in the book and is the book only in german language?

Hi,

There is an English & German introduction in the books...

The description of the badge is in German, i.e, what is written on the badge...and the material of the badge...but at the beginning of the book it explains in English what all the words mean....so it's easy to understand...

There is also a price (in Euro's) next to every badge...that helps you to know if a dealer is over-charging....but bear in mind...those prices are 2006 listed....so expect a slight rise....but then...if the badge is in tip top condition and you really want it....then you will have to decide if you will pay the inflated price...the prices are 'approx'....they are only guidelines...no dealer is obliged to use the same prices...

The books are very easy to use and understand....highly recommended !

Regards.