News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting U-boot soldbuch

Hello Everyone

Here is my latest purchase from Thomas.Simon may be interested in the last award listed.This man served on U737 with Paul Brasack.Then he seems to have served on land with 13th U-flott as I can't seem to find any reference to another U-boat after late 1944.

Richard.

Yes, an interesting Soldbuch. After receiving his silver U-boat Clasp in April 1945 he is awarded the Lapland Shield in August 1945. Possibly there wasn't another u-boat job readily available and he was needed as a land based soldier. The Lapland Shield was apparently instituted in early 1945 and meant to reward members of the 20th Mountain Army Group under the command of General Boehme.

I think that a lot of members of various services, and civilians, were pressed into other positions due to the desparate times near the end of the war. Maybe that was the case with this fellow.

I can't really make out his name as I'm not great at reading German Script.

All around nice item Richard.

Richard