Colombo Lodge 6644 Ceylon.

Hello, can anyone tell me anything about this lttle item please - the link is to a thread with more information & photos......

Thanks

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17876&st=0&p=172815&hl=ceylon&fromsearch=1&#entry172815

Edited by leigh kitchen

Hi Leigh

Thanks for your photo - the enamel work looks very nice.

However, I'm not altogether sure that it is a Masonic item for a couple of reasons: firstly, the lodge name and number don't tally up with anything on the list that I have although obviously (but rarely) they could have changed their name since then; secondly, and although nowhere near definitive, it is rare for a lodge item to have a red ribbon.

For those reasons, I wondered whether the top bar gave any clues about the fraternal order from which this originated: is it from the Buffaloes, perhaps?

Sincerely,

WM5806

Edited by wm5806
  • 2 years later...

While I'm lurking here in Masonic Medals & Jewels to post a thread asking for help re my photo of an Oxfordshire Light Infantryman, I'll take the opportunity to actually post the link to the thread on British & Empire Medals etc regarding this "Columbo Lodge 6644" item & its companion WWII British medals:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17876&st=0&p=172815&hl=ceylon&fromsearch=1&#entry172815

Any more info would be gratefully received, thanks

While I'm lurking here in Masonic Medals & Jewels to post a thread asking for help re my photo of an Oxfordshire Light Infantryman, I'll take the opportunity to actually post the link to the thread on British & Empire Medals etc regarding this "Columbo Lodge 6644" item & its companion WWII British medals:

Any more info would be gratefully received, thanks

Suspicions even stronger now that this is from the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes (RAOB), another fraternal order that has some similarities witn (but no connection to) Freemasonry.

Hope that helps,

Richard

• 3 years later...

HI

Looks like a RAOB Lodge Jewel. I am trying to get a list of all lodges once I get it I can check if the name and number are listed

PAul Richardson (RAOB GLE)