News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal for Military Virtue

This is a present from my father, he found this at his home in Belgrade.

It's the so called Medal for Military Virtue (Medalja za vojničke vrline), it's not an expensive medal, but it's very nice, and heavily made. This one dates back to 1962. :cheers:

scatolarh8.jpg

vrline1tw5.jpgvrline2oi6.jpg

vojnickevrline800cd7.jpg

Regards,

Filip

Edited by Soviet

Did your father receive this medal :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

No, it's not my dad. I asked him, he didn't even pay attention to the name, because it was together with another couple of documents of my grandfather, who is NOT this "G. Z. Manojlo"... He don't know who is this guy, even if he found the medal in a drawer. :speechless::cheeky:

Regards, :)

Filip

Slightly :off topic:, but since this come from the same drawer, I'll post it here. ;)

Distinguished Marksman Medal (Odličnom strelcu):

streljac1if9.jpgstreljac2ud0.jpg

This is extremely common, more or less like the Bravery one, but I don't remember anyone to have posted it yet, so here it is...

Two award documents:

Military Merits III Class

vojnezaslugeiiired800wb0.jpg

And a very old (1947!) Medal for Merit to the Nation

zaslugezanarodiiired800pd6.jpg

Both of them awarded to my grandfather, but unfortunatelly I don't have the medals. :banger:

Regards,

Filip

Both of them awarded to my grandfather, but unfortunatelly I don't have the medals. :banger:

Dear Filip,

if you can check, wheater these specific medals had been numbered or not at that specific period of issue, you can take in the (historic) case of medals without s/n. any medal and put it to the document :D:rolleyes: .

Earlier issued YU orders & medals (not the Partisan Stars!) are often unnumbered.

Christian

Dear Filip,

if you can check, wheater these specific medals had been numbered or not at that specific period of issue, you can take in the (historic) case of medals without s/n. any medal and put it to the document :D:rolleyes: .

Earlier issued YU orders & medals (not the Partisan Stars!) are often unnumbered.

Christian

Dear Christian,

unfortunatelly the Merit to the Nation is numbered (48447), but the other one is not.

I've got a Military Merit III class medal, complete with case and ribbon, it misses only the document, but it was awarded to my uncle, so I wouldn't like to put it together with my grandad's one. It would be easier if I didn't know to whom was the medal awarded... Complicated familiar issues... :D

Wow I whish I had a draw like that :jumping:

Order of Victory

:lol::lol::lol: You know, Order, I found there also tons of notes from the inflation/sanctions period from 1993... "Milions" and "Bilions" of Dinars...

Regards,

Filip

Edited by Drugo

• 4 months later...

WOW!

After this topic I'm starting to like this medal! Really cool! Do you have any info if any variation is harder to find and maybe even more expensive? How do prices go? Thanks for sharing!!!

I don't know other variants.

Moreover 1-st medal not available in catalogs.

May be our collegues from Yugoslavia tell us their opinions :beer:

I heard that this is test issue, first issue and issue for high rank officers but I'm not sure...

Ohers medals are not exspensive 40 - 60 usd in Russia.

Medal for distinguished Service, 5 torches (1952)

I don't know which one I have really. I think this is this one :

1.2 5 torches.Medal 39,5 mm.Letters on reverse 2,3 mm.

Bronze with cooper

920539514_a9b323a1c1_o.jpg

Edited by Soviet