News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Orden Playa Giron" award

stephenmiller

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...
    Guest Rick Research

This is a permanent Order not actually--or at least, not since creation-- given FOR the Bay of Pigs. It's just named after that.

The precise distinctions between why ONE award was given to anybody as opposed to another one (like Eddie's just posted Order of Solidarity etc) remains confusing to me.

Per the 1979 awards Law posted, it is virtually identical to said Order of Solidarity's requiremnts--

For Cubans and foreigners, chiefs of State or provinces who have extraordinarily distinguished themselves in the struggle against (common boilerplate doesn't help) "imperialialism, colonialism, neo-colonialism, racism, fascism, and other forms of exploitation;" for armed forces defensive capabilities, great merit in favor (!) of the "progress of humanity," and for defense of the Cuban revolution.

That pretty much covers anything... so I'd guess this order is for more Senior Comrades than awards lower down the precedence scale.

You're on a roll, Eddie! :cheers:

Very similar Rick,

One therory: Orden "De la Solidaridad" - Awarded to Foreign and Cuban Civilians ( two cases in the Solidaridad thread)

Orden "Playa Gir?n" - Awarded to foreign and Cuban Military personal (Gagarin and Kulikov for example)

Regards Eddie.

• 2 years later...
    • 3 years later...