News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dutch Husar uniform + lanyard question

Hello,

could anybody help me with this Dutch pre-1940 Husar uniform I bought?

I don't know how the lanyard should be placed on it, for the moment I have improvised it in the way it looks the most logic, but I almost know for sure it is the wrong way.

huzaarbd1.jpg

The uniform is from a blue Dutch husar, a sergeant, it's a regular troops lanyard(don't know how to translate exactly into english).

The regiment was created in 1814 as the 4th husar regiment by Willem Francois Boreel.

WF Boreel got hold of a noble title in 1821.

The regiment became: the Husar regiment of Boreel (instead of the 4th regiment).

The color this regiment weared is blue, therefor they are called the blue husars.

I have a book on fourageres/lanyards, it explains what they stand for, however I don't see how it should be worn on a uniform, I know how normal ones should be worn, Husar uniforms aren't even mentioned, the lanyards are also different then the normal ones so I have no clue at all.

Thanks for any help!

kind regards,

Roeland

Silly me :banger: , I accidentaly found a picture from the Dutch army on the internet with Husars on it, I bought the uniform with lanyard, but it is not lanyard but a kind of ceremonial belt (don't know how to translate ''sjerp'' in English), so it should go on the waist, which made more sense when I put it on the uniform, the real Husar lanyard is red with white.

huzaar2bo1.jpg

Herr General,

what kind of medals do you have?

I'm always looking for nice medals on uniform, I want to make them look at there best complete with fouragere's, ranks and medals etc.

send me a PM, and I'll let you know if it is what I'm looking for.

kind regards,

Roeland

• 1 month later...