News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 118
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Luftwaffe Medical Corps

The Medical Branch of the Luftwaffe was one of the original career fields present when the Luftwaffe came out into the open on March 01, 1935.

The standard waffenfarbe for the Luftwaffe Medical branch was cornflower blue. When attached to the Hermann Goering Division and the Luftwaffe Field Division, the solid blue collar tabs and shoulder boards were to be retained, by order(although as most rules, this one seemed to have been broken from time to time).

These men and officers filled roles ranging from direct patient care in the field to research and development of medications and procedures to drafting health awareness cartoons. Dentists were also included in the medical corps.

Ranking nomenclature:

Enlisted:

Sanitatssoldat- soldat

Sanitatsobersoldat- Oberschutz

Sanitatsgrefeiter- Grefeiter

Sanitatsobergrefeiter- Obergrefeiter

Sanitatsunteroffizier- Unteroffizier

Sanitatsunterfeldwebel- Unterfeldwebel

Sanitatsfeldwebel- Feldwebel

Sanitatsoberfeldwebel- Oberfeldwebel

Sanitatsstabsfeldwebel- Stabsfeldwebel

Officer:

Assistenzarzt- Leutnant

Oberarzt- Oberleutnant

Stabsarzt- Hauptmann

Oberstabsarzt- Major

Oberfeldarzt- Oberstleutnant

Oberstarzt- Oberst

Generalarzt- Generalmajor

Generalstabsarzt- Generalleutnant

Generaloberstabsarzt- Generaloberst/Head of Medical Services

The Luftwaffe used trained Officials for medical ancillary services. The specialties can be recognized by the nebenfarbe on the shoulder boards.

Apple Green- Pharmacists

Orange- School Special Service, Librarian Service, Pharmacist(post 1940), Psychologist Service, Veterinary Service, Luftwaffe War Science Section.

More information can be seen about the Luftwaffe Administrative Officials here: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18055

Hi

Paul R

You did a very good job on this tread. :cheers:

Best regards

Nesredep

Nesredep,

Thanks for the compliment! It sincerely means a lot. But I merely started the thread. It was carried by the interest and additions of our members. I thank all for that! :cheers:

Hi

Paul R

You started the tread,ok.But you did always a very good job on different treads. :D

Regards

Nesredep

• 4 months later...

Hello Paul

I found this photo in a "Der Adler" magazine. It shows from the left, Sanit?tsinspekteurs der Luftwaffe Generalarzt Dr. Neum?ller, and Oberst?rzten Dr. S?nbrich and Dr. Martius. The photo was taken at a consert. Is there any special insignia, or waffenfarbe, that would show that the general belonged to the medical branch?

Snoopy

Two more photos, from "Der Adler". I tried to make close ups of the most interesting bits of the pictures. Both photos shows the sanit?ter armband in use. I hope they are of interest.

Snoopy

Edited by Snoopy

• 2 weeks later...

Some really nice tunics and visor caps, guys! I have a few Luft tunics, but only two from the medical branch. An NCO who, it seems, has served in Spain (unlikely it woukd be a DKG award).

It has a nice arm patch, surrounded in wire..senior medical NCO?

Plus an Officers...see attached photos.

Thanks very much...it's nice to see other's collections and I appreciate all those who share their 'treasures'.

Some Luft things attached...and I'll post others on the appropriate forums, provided you guys do the same!!