News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Flak and Artillery

• Replies 191
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for posting this photo! I remember you telling me that his uniform was on exhibit in some museum. I would love to see a fresh color photograph of it!!

Paul, I have some pics of it ; but I don't know where this tunic is !

img-203112taoja.jpg

img-203338bi21t.jpg

img-203418yyg5z.jpg

img-203457iksal.jpg

• 5 months later...

Equipment for the larger FLAK search light. These coal rods was used instead of light bulbs, in the larger search lights. Theys where used in pairs. When electrical current was turned on, a small lightning was created between the rods. This produced a very intense light.

Equipment for the larger FLAK search light. These coal rods was used instead of light bulbs, in the larger search lights. Theys where used in pairs. When electrical current was turned on, a small lightning was created between the rods. This produced a very intense light.

Very informative and fresh looking item ; thanks for sharing it ! I know something more now....

Hello!

Interesting LW item.Do you have any original papers? :cheers:

All the best

Nesredep.

Here is my contribution to the Luftwaffe Flak Thread. This is an Oberleutnant of Flak from Luftwaffe Flak-Regiment 5.

Bob

Bob,

That is a beautiful tunic. How about some closeups? :cheers:

Snoopy,

I have never seen one of those devices before! Any information on the brightness of the flare?

• 1 year later...
    • 3 years later...

Private photo of Obergefreiter Kuhn of II/Flak-Regiment 11 (mot) who was awarded the Tank Destruction Badge for personally destroying two Russian tanks with hand grenades

while helping to repel a Russian armour attack east of Romny, Ukraine on 20 September, 1941.

Cheers,

Larry

Thanks Paul. :)

Here is writing on the back.

This photo is from an album showing II/Flak Rgt.11 (mot) in action in Poland and the Ukraine.

Lots of action, medals, vehicles, uniforms, graves, weapons photos. One of the best albums in my collection.

Cheers,

Larry