News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Flak and Artillery

• Replies 191
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is another photo from the II/Flak Rgt. 11 album. Several photos show flak men wearing a combination of the Flak Badge and LW Ground Assault Badge.

While most people in the album are named the guy in this photo is only described as "gefallen" or KIA.

Cheers,

Larry

Another great image Larry! Thanks

My pleasure. :) I like to collect flak-related photos.

Another from the album. Leutnant Reinwetter with a much-decorated flak soldier who is not identified.

Cheers,

Larry

Edited by LarryT

Well Larry, you have some amazing photos. Can you post more?

Thanks Paul. This is a great thread!

Nice postings by everyone.

I will share more photos from the album. This portrait shows the former owner of the album. Obergefreiter Arthur Haschem.

Cheers,

Larry

Nice portraits.

Does the writing say: "Stellen erinerung (should be erinnerung) unser? Hermann."

Another set of photos from the album.

First a photo shows Kradmelder Helm who was KIA 16.12.1942.

Cheers,

Larry

I agree,the writting is erinnerung and Hermann.Thanks for comment Larry! :)

Thankyou.

Here is some information about Flak Rgt. 11. I copied this information from another site where I had posted photos from the album,

"I am going to share some photos from a Flak Rgt. 11 album. II Flak Rgt. 11 saw action in the battle for Warsaw, in 1941 action in Kiev, Rommy, Orel, Desna and Bolkhov. By 1944 the reginent was in Kurland.

The album is well captioned giving a timeline of 1942-1943. Some photos show fighting around the Orel area and are captioned "summer of 1943."

This would coincide with the German Operation Zittadelle which started 5 July 1943 and the Kursk battle which followed a few days later.
    Orel, Desna and Bolkhov are very close to Kursk and these areas were involved in the fighting."

Cheers,

Larry