Curtiss P 40 N

Snoopy

Very nice. I did the old Monogram P-40N (all that was available 35 years ago). If there was a competition as to what plane epitomizes the Second War, the P-40 would definitely make the top 10.

Until the Mustang and Thunderbolt came along, the P-40 was it (unless you were Navy or Marines).

Very nice. I did the old Monogram P-40N (all that was available 35 years ago). If there was a competition as to what plane epitomizes the Second War, the P-40 would definitely make the top 10.

Until the Mustang and Thunderbolt came along, the P-40 was it (unless you were Navy or Marines).

Thanks Michael. I have to admit that the P-40, is one of my favourite aircraft. In my unbuilt pile of models, I have an early Allison engined P-40. The scale of that one is 1:32. I'm just waiting for some spare time. :rolleyes:

Snoopy

Edited by Snoopy

• 2 weeks later...

The paint sequences on your aircraft models are second to none! How long does it take you to complete one?

Thanks for the kind words. Actually, I have never counted the hours that I spend on a model, but I guess that it's way to many.

Snoopy

"...way too many." :) Yeah - I can relate to that!!!!

Very nice P-40! What unit did this one fly with and where?

All the best,

Dan

Hi Dan

Glad you like it. :jumping: This aircraft belonged to the 80th FG. The 80th FG consisted of the 88th, 89th and the 90th FS. They operated in India and Burma in 1943-44. Lt Freeling 'Dixie' Clover came up with the scull design, which gave rise to their nicname, the "Burma Banshees". This design was used on all the P-40's in the 80th FG.

Snoopy

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...