News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rising Sun 7th cl enamel question

SWE Erik

You're right! Sorry I referenced the wrong thread. Check out the next page down and there is a thread concerning the rivets on the Order of the Sacred Treasure and Paul confirmed that the rivetless pieces are post-war.

Tim

Erik,

I'm still learning and will try to answer your question if I can. I will use three examples of items I have saved PICS to, not necessarily my stuff here, but think it will help. If not, I am sure Paul will correct me and we both will learn! :lol:

Here is a Order of the Sacred Treasure (6th Class) and you can see both the medal and lapel device are both Meiji style. It came in a Meiji era case as well. So, IMO, all original to each other. Note how the lapel device is circular. Now, how to tell the differences between a 6th and higher award lapel device is beyond me at this point.

Tim

That was what I have been trying to figure out for some time, if the circular device is Meiji era or later.

It seems like the Rising sun 2nd class device I posted is for a 4th class.

Thanks for all the information! It is very useful.

/Erik