News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A MUNKA ?RDEMREND BRONZ FOKOZATA

The Labor Merit Medal was the lowest grade of the "Order of Labor" series. It was sort of above the Kivalo Dolgozo series but below the Order of Labor. As the "Kivalo" series was more specific (and arbitrary at times) for labor production, the Labor Merit Medal was for 'advances' and 'merits' in the Hungarian agricultural, indistrial, and even governmental economies. Certainly a two time winner of the 'Stahanoviszta' title would help to get you recognition for such an award, but not necessarily.

As for bieng 'rare' or 'scarce'; yes - these are very difficult to obtain. Though the Labor Merit Medal held no monetary award and as a result held no yearly maximum quota, not many are available on todays market. When they do come up for sale, large wads of cash are exchanged for one. Aside from an auction two years ago, this is only the second one I have held. Naturaly in its scarcity, Gordon and I were ready to arm wrestle for it.

To add more desire and angst at not bieng able to buy it, our dealer 'French' (he cant remember to say 'my beautiful friend - he says 'my beautfiul French' :P ) infomred me that it also came with an Order Of Merit of the HUPR Vth class, complete with boxes and documents to the same individual.... :banger: I even threw my wallet at him and he wouldnt budge....

• Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would he lend it to you foe web publication? We would love to see these pieces. :Cat-Scratch:

If you knew him - that would be a laugh. He is one of those guys who makes it all about money...he trusts no one, money is the only talker...