News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Do the Orders of Victory have a serial number ?

This Order was the only one done not done in a mint, but at the Moscow Gem and Watch Factory.

No one seems to have seen a SN at the back of the Order of Victory. But this does not prove there is none... :rolleyes:

And, if there is none; why ?

Maybe because these Orders have not been produced in a mint... Many questions...

So, first question : Has someone already seen / studied a SN at the back of an Order of Victory ?

If yes, could you post a pic ?

For your viewing pleasure, here is Eisenhower's one, with the screwplate (so we can't see if there is a SN or not...).

Cheers.

Ch.

Pic : www.soviet-awards.com

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the award card ?

Do the award cards / lists showed a SN for the Order of Victory ?

Attached is a pic of the Awards card of Marshal Fedor Tolbukhin, including his Order of Victory, awarded on 26 April 1945.

No SN is indicated...

So, second question : Has someone already seen an Order of Victory's SN indicated in the awards card of an Holder of this Order ?

If yes, could you post a pic ?

Attached is page 1 of Tolbukhin's awards card.

Cheers.

Ch.

Pic : Sergey Shishkov - Awards of the USSR - Orders of the USSR - Vol. 4 - ArtPress 2005.

So, 2 questions :

1. Has someone already seen / studied a SN at the back of an Order of Victory ?

2. Has someone already seen an Order of Victory's SN indicated in the awards card of an Holder of this Order ?

Please, post, with pics if possible.

Thanks and cheers.

Ch.

Correction: The picture is from the Eisenhower Museum and Library. "Harvested" and copyright falsely and illegitimately asserted by that site you cite.

Hi Ed,

You could have let me finish my posts... :(:rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ch.

Correction: The picture is from the Eisenhower Museum and Library. "Harvested" and copyright falsely and illegitimately asserted by that site you cite.

It was actually purchased by the owner of the website legitimately from the Eisenhower Library for use on his website. The cost (when I bought mine for my article) was $11 per .jpg.

Dave

2. Has someone already seen an Order of Victory's SN indicated in the awards card of an Holder of this Order ?

I have Eisenhower's award card and the Victory is not numbered on there, whereas his Surovorv 1st is.

Dave

It was actually purchased by the owner of the website legitimately from the Eisenhower Library for use on his website. The cost (when I bought mine for my article) was $11 per .jpg.

Dave

Purchasing the right to use the image does not transfer copyright. But this gets us :off topic: and those who don't understand the problem of intellectual piracy probably won't care or get it.

I have nothing much to add to this but in Kychenks book kaverliers theren is a rather bad picture of an order book for the Order of Victory, does any one have a decent picture of one :unsure:

Order of Victory

Hi Order of Victory :rolleyes: ,

I don't know this book. Could you post more details about it, and post the pic (even if is not so good...).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ch.

I fear most of us have never (and will never) have the chance to examine these closely. The accumulating evidence does being to suggest "unnumbered", though?

When I had the chance to fondle Eisenhower's Victory, I didn't know enough to check for numbering, but we see the image and document.

A fascinating thread.

The book is about caverliers of the major soviet awards its in Russian and some intresting pictures but they are of poor quality and the pictures of recpiants are onn shiny paper that is hard to scan :(

Hers a scan from the book it also shos the ukazs for the Order of Victory's as well :D

Order of Victory

Do the Orders of Victory have a serial number ?

This Order was the only one done not done in a mint, but at the Moscow Gem and Watch Factory.

Dear Christophe,

I think that's the point:

Not the mint, a kind of large juweller manufactured the Victory.

So, no engraved s/n. :jumping: .

If there are any painted numbers at the rv. of a Victory, the museum might have attachted them.

All Victories are handmade and look slightly different. So, it seems to be neccessary to have excellent scans of ALL Victories, to tell, which Victory belongs to which person.

And also to tell, if a Victory at the market (King Michael :unsure: ) is a juweller's copy or not.

The fact is, that the Victories got "fictional" s/n. :rolleyes: - Zhukov #1, etc., etc.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

(...)

The fact is, that the Victories got "fictional" s/n. :rolleyes: - Zhukov #1, etc., etc.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

In fact, only the 1st awarded (Zhukov's one) is sometimes described as having a SN, and of course SN 001. This is part of an established tradition in awarding Soviet Union awards that the SN 001 of an Order is awarded to a "celebrity", hence Zhukov.

The other Orders of Victory are never described in literature as bearing a SN... except if an award card shows the contrary...

If you have pics of these award cards, please post them here!!!! :jumping:

Cheers.

Ch.

Thanks Order of Victory. Very interesting and intrigating...

Could you, please, post better pics of each document, and the cover of the book as well ? :rolleyes:

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ch.

Hi Christophe,

Unfortuntly i cant do any better at the moment, but here are a few more scans, heres the cover of the book

Order of Victory

Hi Christophe,

Unfortuntly i cant do any better at the moment, but here are a few more scans, heres the cover of the book

Order of Victory

Thanks Order of Victory for the pics. I knew this book, but did not recognise it...

Cheers.

Ch.

Edited by Christophe