News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Christophe,

I assume, that's a mere "copy" - just look at the quality ;) .

According to literature, no "unissued" Victories do exist.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Christian,

Of course, it is a copy... :rolleyes: Look at the diamonds on the laurels, they have disppeared... :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ch.

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

s/n. & "Order of Victory": What the "Red Bible" says

Gentlemen,

the well known "Red Bible" of the two US-Special Forces / Secret Service officers tells, that the Victory had neither a s/n., nor a mint mark.

But it is noted, that the s/n. of the Victory is written in the OK :jumping: .

As far, as I can assume, they just checked the OK of Eisenhower's Victory, where they found the correct s/n. in the middle of the pages.

No "unissued" or "museum" Victories should exist - they are just "copies". Brezhnev's Victory had been scratched.

All Victories to Soviet Marshals and Antonov + the one to the Polish Marshal are locked at a special institution in Moscow.

The Victories of Eisenhower & Montgomery are the well known places, Tito's you can find here: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16820 and the one awarded to King Michael of Romania should be in Switzerland (where the former king lives) or should have been sold in the 1990s for about mere USD 300.000,- :speechless1::speechless: to a German collector. The former king stated in an interview, that he is still the owner of the Order of Victory, but who knows .... :rolleyes:

For me, it wouldn't seem unlikely, that the new Serbian Government might might sell Tito's high-end Soviet orders - Victory, Suvorov 1cl., Lenin & October Revolution + all the matching documents + photographs - to a collector from Russia or the USA, who is able to pay the right price for the items and replace Tito's orders in the museum with the usual copies.

Well, that's just an "academic" issue, because no one here at GMIC (at least the active members ;) ) has even the fraction of the budget for buying Tito's Order of Victory :P .

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

(...)

No "unissued" or "museum" Victories should exist - they are just "copies". Brezhnev's Victory had been scratched.(...)

Christian

Hi Christian,

Sorry, but no time to do long research right now, but what is the evidence (or literature) that this order has been scratched ? Do you have this info at hand ?

Thanks in advance. :beer:

Cheers.

Ch.

Gentlemen,

I do not have scientific evidence, that the mint has scratched Brezhnev's Victory. He got the informations from the well known platforms in the internet :blush: .

But the story sounds good, because the former Soviet government didn't need an Order of Victory in stock - for what :unsure: ?

Christian

Here is a bigger scan. :)

I didn't know it was an original unissued piece. I thought it was a museum copy.

pobedatb8.jpg

Hi Bryan,

It's a very nice pic. It is really very difficult to phototgraphy this order in its glass coffin...

Cheers.

Ch.

• 12 years later...

There is 'copy' - or rather, a first attempt at an Order of Victory. Apparently it was rejected because it was even more expensive than the ones posted above (the final design). I'll post a pic here in a few minutes: