File00402_cr.jpg

Regards, Hardy

LOOKS LIKE HE CUSTOMIZED HIS CUFFS

He is also wearing a Prussian Koppelschloss

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

:off topic:

I looove the "hip-hop style" watch :cheeky:

I have a lot of pictures with Swedish soldiers from around 1915-18 with BIG former breast watches now made into

theese modern wristwatches with a type of leather holster.

Very nice Pic !

Christer

For Chris

File0002_cr-3.jpg

File0002-23.jpg

detail

File00402_cr.jpg

Regards, Hardy

No shoulder straps - is that correct for this uniform?

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Hardy,

I think the oddities in this photo are due to it being a postwar image. The missing national cockade, the Bavarian cockade along with a Prussian belt buckle, the odd cuff design, the lack of the Kragenpatten, all lead me to this conclusion.

Chip

Hardy,

I think the oddities in this photo are due to it being a postwar image. The missing national cockade, the Bavarian cockade along with a Prussian belt buckle, the odd cuff design, the lack of the Kragenpatten, all lead me to this conclusion.

Chip

Thanks Chip;

I thought as much (but wasn't too sure) - It could not have been long after the war since the the EKII recipient is still a boy - you think he is a member of a Freikorps unit?

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

I read that Freikorps-Oberland wore the Edelweiss as insignia.

Hardy

Here is another one: Hans ? from K?nigliches Bayerisches Infanterie Regiment ?, III. Bataillon

File001v4_cr.jpg

Regards, Hardy

Hans is from the b.Infanterie Leib Regiment and they were in the Alpenkorps.

Chip

"Correct me if I am wrong, but I have never seen an Edelwei? being worn on a Tschako"

Maybe not on the Tschako itself, but you may find it on period pictures or drawings on the Tschako's ?berzug

Gilles

"Correct me if I am wrong, but I have never seen an Edelwei? being worn on a Tschako"

Maybe not on the Tschako itself, but you may find it on period pictures or drawings on the Tschako's ?berzug

Gilles

I think the Landhutter Auction house had one on an officers Tschako, but I did not like it. Went for a fortune though!

On the special death certificate for the Alpenkorps they have a drawing with a grave with a Tschacko, Picklehaube and Artillery haube, all with cloth covers and with Edelweis on.

Maybe the drawing was by Albert Reich himself, who illustrated many books and postcards about the Alpenkorps during WWI. Could you please check this, Chris?

Best regards

Gilles

Here is a Goslarer Jaeger! He wore the Gibraltar cuff title and it seems he had a Edelweiss on his cap too.

Edited by Sergeant 08

I do have a period picture showing the Edelweis-badge being worn on the left side of the shako-cover.

Regards

jaeger7-de

I do have a period picture showing the Edelweis-badge being worn on the left side of the shako-cover.

Regards

jaeger7-de

Please show it to us! wink.gif

Edited by Sergeant 08

Chris,

The cap is an enlisted issue visored M1908. It was normally worn by support troops, i.e., Sanitäter, Krankenträger, Train, Pionier, usw..

Chip

Since this is an Ausmarsch photo (flowers and all), one would not expect a recent trainee to have one of those.

Chip