News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Alpenkorps headgear edelweiss....

• 1 month later...
    • Replies 249
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I think I´m finished with collecting Edelweß. Last week I bought the ultimate one! That is originally that one, worn by the k.u.k. XIV.AK. Those Edelweiß were given to the Alpenkorps!

The other is an austrian officer´s Edelweiß and my collection

Edited by The Prussian

According to the unit history, Garr was wounded on September 28, 1918 and died on October 17th. At the time the unit was experiencing the "Stellungskämpfe und Schlacht in der Champagne". Nice Sterbebild! I collect the ones from this regiment.

Chip

Chris,

No, I had not seen those, but now I know who is outbidding me on 3.Jäger Rgt. Sterbebilder! :lol: I have one of these. The one to Leonhard Sinzinger, has the spelling corrected on the first name to Bernhard on subsequent cards. Evidently, the printer screwed up the name and had to fix some of the cards.

Johann Echter died from his wounds on July 6th, 1916 (good catch on that one!).

I didn't see any Hampps in the regimental history on those dates.

I'm still working on a complete alphabetical listing for the entire regiment. The regimental history gives the deaths by date. So finding Konrad Fuchs without knowing the death date is like searching for a needle in a haystack. Perhaps the location (St.Marie a Py) might provide a clue as to the date?

Chip

Chris,

No, I had not seen those, but now I know who is outbidding me on 3.Jäger Rgt. Sterbebilder! :lol: I have one of these. The one to Leonhard Sinzinger, has the spelling corrected on the first name to Bernhard on subsequent cards. Evidently, the printer screwed up the name and had to fix some of the cards.

You can see glue rests on the card, they glued a Bern over the Leon ;-)