News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pretty rare lil thingy...

Aaaahhhh-from Ebay,eh? It seems to be that you are the one who has beaten me here......That's a superb group,even for me(I'm not going for documents normally).Next time we should talk.........sorry that it went so high!

Micha

• 8 years later...

That is for me difficult to explain in English.

He had no military training, see No. 11 in his Militärpaß > militärisch nicht ausgebildet

But he was studying something, and that ended in May 1917. He could now be a civilian Ingenieur [later called Ing.(grad)], or, on a higher level, Diplom-Ingenieur (Dipl.-Ing.).

Since 01.06.1917 he received provisionally (auf Widerruf) the rank "Hilfsingenieur", since 01.08.1918 provisionally the rank "Ingenieur auf Widerruf". All that as civil servant candidate (Beamter auf Widerruf). Limited up to the demobilization (längstens bis zur Demobilmachung).

He left the Army on the 31.12.1918 (Demobilmachung).

A short time later, as a civilian, he acquired the higher qualification "Doktor der Ingenieurwissenschaften" > Dr.-Ing.

Uwe