News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgian commemorative 1830 medal/coin

this medal was produced in 1905 for commemorating the 75 years of Belgian independance.

The medal is bronze and has a diameter of 7 cm.

It was designed by C. Devreese.

The front shows King Leopold I and the years 1830-1905.

The back shows a tree with a shield/weapon in front of it and a Lion and women with a banner walking towards a sun which is setting over the sealine and it has the year 1930 in it, this symbolises the road to a century of independance.

The medal has a dark-green colored leather box with a shield/weapon on it and the years 1830-1905.

belgmedallp3.jpg

belgmedal2dc1.jpg

belgmedal3ex8.jpg

Edited by Roeland

this medal was produced in 1905 for commemorating the 75 years of Belgian independance.

The medal is bronze and has a diameter of 7 cm.

It was designed by C. Devreese.

The front shows King Leopold I and the years 1830-1905.

The back shows a tree with a shield/weapon in front of it and a Lion and women with a banner walking towards a sun which is setting over the sealine and it has the year 1930 in it, this symbolises the road to a century of independance.

The medal has a dark-green colored leather box with a shield/weapon on it and the years 1830-1905.

belgmedallp3.jpg

belgmedal2dc1.jpg

belgmedal3ex8.jpg

Nice piece, Roeland. But I'm afraid the front is showing Leopold II. Was this medal meant for civilians, politicians?

Kind regards,

Jef

hello Jeff,

you are right, a big typing error of mine I didn't see, it is of course Leopold II, undoubtly because of the big beard and he was the king at that moment.

I don't know to whom it was given, perhaps even every Belgian could buy it, but no idea on that.