News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Alexander Nevsky Fake?

Just a quick note ... there are some tremendously good Nevsky fakes on the market at the moment... I recently saw one at a show that passed my examination, as well as a few other long time collectors that were with me.... the ONLY thing that said off the alarm was that it failed the "black light" test.... all enamel was 100% fake.. .. rest of the order looked very good. The order is not in my possession ... so sadly I can't share photos. Dan

I've had my hands on a Nevsky which had cetain easy to identify as a fake features on the medallion once you are aware of them - perfect gilding.

I've also recently seen a batch of three Nevsky's at a reasonable price which I turned down (at a somewhat reputable numismatic gallery). The medallion and reverse were totally convincing..... and yet, the gilding left somewhat to be desired.

Between the impeccable medallion on 3 of them and the impeccable gilding on the other one, be very wary!

I had forgotten my pen black lighter so I cannot comment on that front! However I have no doubt they would all have turned yellow!

My thoughts anyways!

Jim :cheers:

Personally I think the outer ring around the centre medallion (the one with the evenly spaced raised dots) may look a little crude. The raised dots don't look that even, and the ring itself looks damaged in a strange way. I think it may show signs of casting. I'm no expert so don't take my word for it, but it's just an observation.

Gentlemen,

well, at the first glimpse the Nevsky looks o.k., if we consider, that he is a r.i. according to the low s/n.

The mint mark and the style of the s/n. engraving looks for me also o.k.

The wear is also rather typical.

The enamel dosen't look soooo convincing at the scan, but that might be caused by the photograph :unsure: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian