News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What is your favorite Yugoslavian medal in your collection?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Walter,

please, could you shoot some close-up pics of the Partisan 1cl and post them here at GMIC-YU - many thanks :cheers: .

What we can see already now at the small & bad pics is not the "classical" 1cl type and also the colour of the gold wash looks a bit strange (besides the far too thin wreath).

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Dear Walter,

please, could you shoot some close-up pics of the Partisan 1cl and post them here at GMIC-YU - many thanks :cheers: .

What we can see already now at the small & bad pics is not the "classical" 1cl type and also the colour of the gold wash looks a bit strange (besides the far too thin wreath).

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Gentlemen - The flat, thin wreath which looks fairly cheap compared to its Russian made brethren is legit. It is an IKOM version. Several important collectors in Belgrade had the IKOM versions which didn't come up on the market all that often. I am sure once Ranko is on his feet again he could weigh in. Marko, his son, is also pretty knowledgable. Regards. Paul.

Gentlemen - The flat, thin wreath which looks fairly cheap compared to its Russian made brethren is legit. It is an IKOM version. Several important collectors in Belgrade had the IKOM versions which didn't come up on the market all that often. I am sure once Ranko is on his feet again he could weigh in. Marko, his son, is also pretty knowledgable. Regards. Paul.

As a matter of fact, Walter, if you find an extra IKOM version let me know... thanks. Paul.

Can someone from former Yugoslavia confirm hypothesis that these start are IKOM made?

Also, the absense on serial numbers is still a question - why there isn't any on 1st and 2nd classes, while 3rd class IKOM seem to have serial numbers engraved?

William

A respective yugoslav militaria collector from Serbia saw both of my stars.

Since he wrote a few manuals and catalogues about yugoslav orders and medals, I trusted him on his word, when he guaranteed me that the stars are ORIGINAL IKOM PRODUCT.

A respective yugoslav militaria collector from Serbia saw both of my stars.

Since he wrote a few manuals and catalogues about yugoslav orders and medals, I trusted him on his word, when he guaranteed me that the stars are ORIGINAL IKOM PRODUCT.

Walter,

I guess you are right and these stars are Type 2 made by IKOM. They must be super rare, as very few people ever saw them and there are no images available.

Would you please post pics of the screplates for your stars?

William

Edited by new world