News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

National Flag Order Presented

"US President George W. Bush, left, receives the 'National Flag Order' medal from his Albanian counterpart Alfred Moisiu, right, at the Palace of the Brigades in Tirana, Albania, on Sunday June 10, 2007. Bush started the working part of a quick, six-hour visit to Albania, arriving in Tirana from Rome and ahead of his departure for Bulgaria in the afternoon.(AP Photo/Hektor Pustina)"

(AP News Photo)

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070610/481/tir12706101350

• 3 weeks later...

hello!

just a little secret. the guy that prepared the order for Mr Bush is my friend and the best jewlerer in albania. I saw the actual medal about 24 hours before it was awarded and it looked nice nice nice. it is made of golden plated silver. This is the fourth order awarded of the same . need to know more?

contact me at: elviscenko@gmail.com

Edited by albania

Hello,

it is nice to know that the quality of Albanian orders is improving.

Anyways, I think that besides the aesthetical point of view and the jewellers' craftsmanship, what matters to us collectors should be the historical point of view. Of course, if on a dealer's table I see an Austrian knight's cross of the Leopold Orden and an Albanian Urdh?ri i Flammurit, both in gold, I'm naturally "attracted" from the first one, although the second is rarer.

I can say that collecting non-USSR orders and decorations from the eastern countries is a very interesting and relatively non-expensive field of interest. Excellent for beginners, especially because the risk of buying fakes is lower than, for instance, the ancient German states and, last but not least, the III Reich.

Best wishes,

Enzo