News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

For all you ribbon bar collectors, here is a unique piece. It's a Probe of the Kleine Ordensschnalle 1915 currently for sale on a German auction site (I have no connection with it whatsoever).

Chip

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Aha! THAT may explain why we cannot find some "recipients"--

they were contractor samples detached from their tags!!!! :speechless1::rolleyes:

First like this I've ever seen-- thanks Chip! :cheers:

• 1 year later...

02-268 SIX-PLACE RIBBON BAR - WAR MINISTRY CERTIFICATION. The War Ministry (Kriegsministerium) was extensively involved in all aspects of headdress and uniform items. Within the War Ministry was a department that approved and certified all changes to headdresses and uniforms. The department prepared an example of the proposed change, which was then attached to a card describing the item and the date of the change. We have offered various examples of such items in the past.

Today we are offering you something quite different. It is a six-place ribbon bar. The ribbon bar measures 3 1/4" x 3/4," and from left to right it has the following ribbons:

* The 1914 Iron Cross 2
    nd
    Class.

* The Red Eagle Order.

* The Crown Order.

* The Twenty or Twenty-Five-Year Long-Service Decoration.

* The Southwest African Combatants or Non Combatants Decoration.

* The Kaiser Wilhelm I Centennial Medal.

The ribbon bar and change were devised to show the official size and method for preparing ribbon bars during the World War. The card?s front (the card measures 4 1/4" x 2 3/4") advises that the change was authorized on 21 September 1915. It has the catalog number and the item?s name (Ordensschalle), the department?s name, and the authorizing officer?s name. The card?s reverse features a red wax seal bearing the Prussian Eagle and the Ministry?s name. Imagine having Imperial Germany?s FIRST official template for constructing WW I (1915-1918) ribbon bars in your personal collection! $850.0

www.derrittmeister.com

Gentlemen,

a very nice and original cardboard for a specimen of a ribbon bar - but does anyone realy believe in the combination of cardboard and this ribbon bar ? :rolleyes:

There should be a pure piece of metal, showing how to produce the base with needle and catch. Or wanted the war ministry to show how to lay one ribbon edge over the next ?

I would like to see whats to read there: Armeeverordnungsblatt 1915 page 420, AKO vom 21.9.1915.

Regards

CSForrester

Edited by NavalMark

• 5 weeks later...

For all you ribbon bar collectors, here is a unique piece. It's a Probe of the Kleine Ordensschnalle 1915 currently for sale on a German auction site (I have no connection with it whatsoever).

Chip

Is this the bar DR currently has on his site?