News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Daniel,

Glenn has right. In the beginning of the war Fritz von Selle was Major in I.R. Nr. 95. Ha wore the following medals : RAO4 KO3 HEK3m Kr AB3a SA3am Kr SEK3 PV3.

You have got a nice photo too.

Regards

Christophe

• 13 years later...

Does anyone have the promotion dates for Fritz von Selle, who received the character of Generalleutnant on 27 August 1939 (Tannenbergtag)? Thanks!

On 20/06/2007 at 18:10, Deruelle said:

A close up of the medal bar

Christophe

post-176-1182355802.jpg

post-176-1182355802.jpg

Great closeup, thank you. Do you have a complete list of his decorations?

Hi

Fritz von Selle received the Card Eduard War Cross on 19 July 1916. Von Selle received the Pour le Mérite Order on 6 January 1918, after that the Duke Carl Eduard gave Oberst von Selle the Brillants to the cross in 1918.

Years ago Andreas Thies sold the Carl Eduard War Cross with Brillants and its original box in one of his auction.

Christophe

CRBeery, are you sure? He was made Generalmajor 1921, therefore without a star or a crown. 1939 Generalleutnant, one star, but definitely not a crown. You seem to have a General der Infanterie of the Preußische Armee, I am sure some of our experts can even identify the regiment. Or maybe, taking a second look (the Gold is missing), those are from a Oberst of the 6. Thüringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 95 (the symbol would fit)? Like I said, I am no expert.

My mistake ... here is what the boards for a General der Infanterie look like:

6. Thüringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 95, General der Infanterie.jpg

Edited by Deutschritter

7 hours ago, Deruelle said:

Here is the cross with Brilliants from Thies auction Nr. 60 from June 2016

Christophe

20210119_153318_copy_864x864.jpg

20210119_153314_copy_864x864.jpg

99 were awarded, but only Carl Eduard Herzog von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha and Fritz von Selle received the Kriegskreuz with Brillanten? Very rare indeed!

36 minutes ago, Deutschritter said:

Thanks, I got that! ? The last one: Militärverdienstkreuz (Österreich) with Kriegsdekoration, do you know which class?

He has probably received ÖM3K . I have not seen the cross as a commander cross on the photo.

30 minutes ago, Deutschritter said:

99 were awarded, but only Carl Eduard Herzog von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha and Fritz von Selle received the Kriegskreuz with Brillanten? Very rare indeed!

Three men received the CKmBr

the last one is the Czar of Bulgaria