News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French beehive fuze

Tony

Does anyone have a more complete picture or diagram of this well known French fuze?

By more complete, I mean when the powder is burning its way around the fuze, it must finish off by igniting the detonator. So, I?m really asking for a diagram or photo of the same fuze with detonator.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

The one you have has got a detonator. Its the brass tube at its lower end. There is also a version of this fuse without detonator.

Ahhhh.

I also have another which isn't sectioned and was bought at a market in France, although I was told it was safe, I'd like to make sure. When I got home I unscrewed the cap at the bottom and saw a tube poking out.

As I can't find the fuze at the moment, I've made an addition to the above photo showing where (from memory) the tube is.

What is it?

Tony