Rick !

In this post http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...st&p=183055

eitze post pages from this book , but in not good resolution .

Can you make some pages , but in quality ?

Can you see - in this book ypou have links to Archive documents ?

Do you have in this book names of Russians ,

receive this cross in 1879 and 1902 ?

Thank you !

No, it is only for 1914-1918, with a lot of rules and regulations and some very broef information on a few sample recipients.

There is a loose page inserted not bound into the book, no explanation, with 38 people listed as recipients from 1866 to 1906. The only Russians listed are all recipients 1878-1879--

#17) Litwinenko, Russ. Unteroffizier in der Schloss Garde Kompagnie-- 07.05.78

#18) Burdorff, Russ. Sergeant im Infanterie Rgt 5-- 22.03.79

#19) Ewastignejeff, Russ. Sergeant im Inf Rgt 5-- 22.03.79

#20) Loskutoff, Russ. Unteroffizier im Inf Rgt 5-- 22.03.79

#21) Nakonetschnij, Russ. Sergeant im St. Petersburger Gren Rgt-- 22.03.79

#22) Sitar, Russ. Sergeant im St Petersburger Gren Rgt-- 22.03.79

#23) Borodin, Russ. Sergeant im St. Petersburger Dragoner Rgt-- 22.03.79

#24) Timofejeff, Russ. Sergeant im Libauischen Inf Rgt-- 22.03.79

#25) Gnojowoi, Russ. Sergeant im Ulanen Rgt 9-- 22.03.79

#26) Klossinski, Russ. Sergeant im Dragoner Rgt 4-- 22.03.79

#27) Buga, Russ. Sergeant im Husaren Rgt 12-- 22.03.79

#28) Matassoff, Russ. Unteroffizier im Inf Rgt 69-- 22.03.79

#29) Stepanoff, Russ. Sergeant im Garde Rgt-- 22.03.79

#30) Petroff, Russ. Sergeant im Garde Rgt-- 22.03.79

#31) Kriwowiazoff, Russ. Sergeant im Reitenden Gard Gren Rgt-- 22.03.79

#32) Grapoff, Russ. Sergeant in der 1. Garde Artillerie Brigade-- 22.03.79

#33) Ewerzoff Russ Sergeant 1. Garde Sch?tzen Bn-- 22.03.79

and they are the only ones listed.

I would say NO.

Feldwebelleutnants were Officers, and so not eligible for the MVK.

If there are Feldwebelleutnants listed wiht a MVK I?m sure they received it for an action still done as NCO.

There are even 4 (if I remember exactly) FwLt who received the Hohenzollern knights cross with swords.

Best regards

Daniel

I would say NO.

Feldwebelleutnants were Officers, and so not eligible for the MVK.

If there are Feldwebelleutnants listed wiht a MVK I?m sure they received it for an action still done as NCO.

There are even 4 (if I remember exactly) FwLt who received the Hohenzollern knights cross with swords.

Best regards

Daniel

It would be nice to learn more about the awards given to the men of this rank. I bet they were caught in the middle, no PLM and MVK.

• 9 months later...

Any idea if there are any citations to be found for these?

Thanks

Chrus

Hello Chris:

To the best of my knowledge (as limited as it often is) there are no known sources for the citations regarding these awards. However, even though I do not own a copy, I believe that Nickel may have possibly covered some of the actions leading to the awards of 100 soldiers of so. I also believe that Ophaus may have mentioned the actions of a few soldiers in one of his smaller books.

Unfortunately, the citations however have never come to light as far as I know. One would have to look for the Regimental history for a particular unit to acquire further specific knowledge (if it exists).

Best regards,

"SPM"