News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 404
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mametz, You are quite correct Sir. It is Plauen. "Adolph Hitler Mein Kampf SA-Bragade 36. 30.6.35" My scan really does not do it justice. IMO it realy is quite a stunning tinnie. It's one of the larger ones. It's about 2" wide and 4" tall. Unmarked on the back.

...I get the feeling that the 'SA tinnie database' will be the Nr.1 'organisational' database for the forseeable future!

...to my mind, four things make up the perfect SA tinnie...

...1/ use of eagle......2/ use of 'hakenkreuz'...3/ use of SA runic emblem....and more importantly...4/ that said SA tinnie is MINE !

...the poor winter daylight does not do this fine tinnie justice...

"10 Jahre SA u. NSDAP, Niederwiesa 20 August 1939"

...three fine SA tinnies Brooks....all previously posted earlier in this thread...but nice to see again....especially the 'Greiz' tinnie....note that the date is for the 'Night of the Long Knives'....I wonder if that SA 'treffen' actually went ahead...?

Sorry for the repeat post. So many tinnies, so little time. ;-) I was told by the gentleman from whon I purchased the Greiz tinnie that the event never took place. I have never researched that however.

..you do seem to have a wide range of tinnies, judging from what you've posted so far....is it safe to assume that they are the result of a few years collecting ?

...do you favour any particular organisation or is it more of a general interest in all things 'tinnie' ?

I've only started on tinnies about 8 years ago. I bought quite a few directly from Herr Teiste when the dollar was worth something. I have up until now been collecting all types. I know, it's maddening ! I particularly enjoy the Flugtags, SA, Nice eagles and swords. I've seen some fantastic pieces here on this site. How i wish I had come across it at an earlier date though. I am trying to get my collection a little more organized.I will continue to post up tinnies until someone complains.;-)

...my only contact with Tieste was when I asked him a few questions..all of which were answered promptly....

...I found that it was more profitable to target only one branch of tinnie's for collecting...there's simply far too many out there!

...I have to admit to getting a kick out of finding a tinnie that isn't listed in the Tieste books....seems all the more special because of that...

...and I'm sure I speak for everyone else here...we won't complain about seeing your tinnies, in fact, the more the merrier!

Regards.