News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wow, first new SA tinnie in nearly 10 months

Well done Alec, nice badge.

Regards,

Pete

By the way, I am afraid I now have serious doubts about the cardboard? tinnie posted by Claymore in post 314.

Hi Pete.....

...I agree, nice to see 'new life' here on this thread......I've not seen anything worthwhile to buy in the past 10 months (at least, not for my collection)....

...and I also agree about that card tinnie of mine....when I initially bought it I did think it was in 'superb' condition for a '32 tinnie......I have two or three other 100% genuine 'card' tinnies....but this one was a bit shiny and pristine......I felt that it could be true, as there will obviously be some still surviving in such great condition....

...but in the past few months I've seen a couple of dealers selling this same card tinnie ('big' name dealers).....along with another card tinnie, named 'Bonn'....coloured green....imagine the shape of a horseshoe.......in fact, now that I think about it, there's also another SA (possibly) 'Bonn' card tinnie doing the rounds.....white coloured.......different date and lettering & artwork to the green one.....

....so, either 'someone' has found a pile of old card SA tinnies, or 'someone' is making them up ???? ...but if they are made up ('fake')....why pick this type of SA ??? ...they're not very 'special', and by 'special' I mean that the date that's used, or the location......nothing to tie in with a major event of the 3rd Reich....apart from all being pre '32......(or is that enough to be considered 'special' ?)......

....it would seem strange only to make a couple of card tinnies.......have you seen anymore 'card' tinnies for other organisations suddenly appearing....??

Regards...................

• 3 weeks later...
    • Replies 404
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I like the program going with the badge, which looks to be in very good condition as this one always seems to go grey.

By the way this thread is for SA badges.

Onward.

Broken pin, but it will do.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

I just received this tinnie and while giving it a mild cleaning I found it was maker marked which surprised me as my Stuttgart pin is not marked, the maker is Karl Wuster, Markneukirchen which am told is in Saxony.

Edited by JNoble

• 2 months later...