News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 404
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm also in the process of making a pizza, its a good job that I'm not too interested in tennis or football, otherwise today would have gone by the board.

Next,

"SA-Gruppe Westfallen. SA Wher-Wettkampftage 1939"

• 5 months later...

Jo, Re post #29 .The SA emblem is stiched onto a felt type material, the rest is printed.

Regards,

Pete

"SA GruppeBerlin Brandenburg. Gruppenwettkampfe 18/19 Juni 1938"

Edited by Scowen

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Hi Benten,

Thanks for the positive words....

I'm still very much a 'newbie' with regards to tinnie's...I've looked at a lot of tinnie thread's on various forum's...but after seeing a few stunning examples here, I decided to take the plunge....still not sure which one's to concentrate on...there's thousands of styles out there!

So at the moment it's whatever 'jumps' out at me....

Still need to get myself a tinnie 'library'...a few reference works....

I like the fact that tinnie's are nowhere near as heavily faked as the more popular combat awards and rank insignia....I need to learn what to look out for and avoid making any boo-boo's....

Until now, my main interest has been with propaganda postcards...but I've now strayed....

Here's a recent purchase, this time showing the S.A. roundel that you speak of....

'S.A. Brigade Treffen Erfurt - Ostern 34'

I guess that translates as 'S.A. Brigade meeting, Erfurt (main city of the state of Thuringia) - Easter 34'

...and look what dropped through the post earlier today...

"Reichs-Wettkampftage Der S.A. Gruppe Niederrhein 28.-30. Aug. 1935"

I assume it is usual for a lot of these S.A. meeting tinnies to feature a sword and wreath design? As taken from their sports award badge's ?