News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 404
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was rooting about in my box of tinnies the other day & came across two SA's I forgot that I had.

Here's the first, I picked this up as I had a picture of one in wear....

Don, there is one of the exact same style but from a different province that I have in my collection. I obtained it on the cheap and thought it would be great trading material since I believed it to be the same as the one I already had in my collection (pictured in your post). It wasn't until I received it that I discovered it was not the same. I'll try to scan it tonight when I get home and post it here. By the way, how can you get such detailed close ups on your scanner as you did with this shot of the badge in the photo? When I try this, the resolution is either too low and any blow ups turn fuzzy or, if I use a higher resolution I always get an error message saying "scratch disc is full". Still haven't figured out what that means other than for some reason there is not enough memory to process the image even though I have 512k RAM and 57 gigs left on the hard drive.

Richard V

Thank you Gentlemen.

I know the tinnie you mean Richard, I saw it a few times when I was looking for the Sachsen one. As to the scanner, I use an Epson Perfection 1670, the software that came with it is very good. I scan at 1200 dpi & then use PaintShop pro to resize down to posting size.

I'm not a tech guy Richard, but it sounds as if the memory that your machine uses to store info while it scans isn't large enough to transfer the image. Ask in the tech area of the forum here http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showforum=158 , someone with better knowledge may be able to help.

Cheers

Don

If you preview the image before you scan it you can normally adjust the size of the area being scanned down to just the rough area of the item you want in detail, then as Don says at 1200dpi you will get great detail in the small selected area. Problems can arise when you attempt to scan the whole photo at 1200dpi and the file can be huge, though I always do that with any photo's I get and have'nt had any probs myself.

C

Thanks for the technical advice. I think I need to become somwhat more computer literate. Don, I found the tinnie that looks a lot like the Sachsen. It is one for Stuttgart. Here it is pictured next to its Sachsen cousin.

Richard V

tin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

...remember me ???

...after a major virus problem...rebooting and reloading...hopefully I can continue with no ill effects...

...(for anyone who was in touch with me privately, please make contact again, I lost my entire email address book :( )

...so here's a new SA tinnie...about the same size as the standard NSDAP membership badge...

...I'm quite chuffed with this one...anything pre-1933 is always a bonus...I like the simplistic style of this badge...

"S.A. Marschiert in Hessen, Juli 1932"

Hi Ian I thought you were on holiday, I too have had computer problems, ain't it a pi**er.

Having to pull my wings in at the moment because of car problems etc, anyway, nice to see you back.

Pete

Thanks Pete....

...another SA !

...I seem to be finding a lot from 'Chemnitz'...must have been a popular SA location...

...my favourite combination on a tinnie....SA roundel, eagle & a hakenkreuz...

"SA Brigadetreffen, Chemnitz 1933"

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

...it's been a bit quiet round here lately....

...SA!

...I'm only guessing here, but is the number '30' which features at the bottom of the tinnie possibly the Standarte number?

"SA Sporttreffen der Standarte Waldeck in Corbach, 16-17.Juni 1934"

...thanks Colin...I had planned on doing a group shot of a few of the SA tinnies that I own...

...just need to think of a nice artistic background...

...it's so very difficult to find new SA tinnies at the moment....there's not much around just now...

• 3 weeks later...

...SA !

...this very nice SA tinnie has a really solid feel to it, even though it is hollow-backed...

...I'm very impressed with the whole design of the tinnie...the large central SA roundel, perfectly formed...with the 'hakenkreuz' arms behind....

...fairly chuffed with this one!

"SA Brigade 45 Aufmarsch, 24.Juni 1934"

...a rather shiny looking SA tinnie this time...

...can't beat a tinnie showing a 'Deutschland Erwache' standarte! (as per another tinnie thread running nearby ;-)

"S.A. Standarte 3, Standarte-Erhebung (Forchheim, Deutschland Erwache) 22.4.1934"

...a grouping of three SA tinnies....I've seen these posted by others earlier in this thread, so I thought it best just to group my lot together...

"SA -Gruppe Hochland, SA-Gruppen Wettk?mpfe 1939"

"SA Wehrkampfe Tage Nordsee 1939"

"Kampftage Der Fr?nkischen SA 1937"

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

...a grouping of three SA tinnies....I've seen these posted by others earlier in this thread, so I thought it best just to group my lot together...Part 2 !

"S.A. Aufmarsch Gruppe Nordmark, 7.Mai 1933 Kiel"

"Wehrwettk?mpfe der SA-Gruppe Niederrhein 1939"

"Wettkampftage der SA Gruppe Niedersachsen 1938"