Mysterious Rumanian Air Engineer Wings

These have been bugging me for several months, so at today's militaria show I finally got them.

65mm wide approximately (curved), of hard silvered brass. From the tiny pin presumably late 1960s on, but I haven't been able to find anything with a Rumanian tricolor cockade. Could these be civil aviation?

These have been bugging me for several months, so at today's militaria show I finally got them.

65mm wide approximately (curved), of hard silvered brass. From the tiny pin presumably late 1960s on, but I haven't been able to find anything with a Rumanian tricolor cockade. Could these be civil aviation?

Hallo Ricky :cheers:

The same item as yours is on page 56 of Mr. Iliese Marchel newly published book "INSIGNELE Aviatiei Militare Romane.

ROMANIAN AIR FORCE BADGES.

AIR FORCE TECHNICIANS FROM 1947 to 1965

They were issued in Gold and Silver. Differences in colour have no significance but aesthetic one.

Textile badges appeared in the 1950s.They were similar to those of pilots except the fact they had two hammers crossed under a star on which one could read the proficency level (3, 2, 1, or no leval at all.)

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva