News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This ribbon bar is attributed to Generalleutnant Karl Siegfried Go?rau and I need some help.

Someone, desperately in need of professional help, chose to remove the last two ribbons on this bar for reasons known only to only to God. Genteel rehabilitation by the ribbon bar Kahunas have produced a pair of speculative additions from the Flower Wars period as being most likely.

I need a photo of him wearing a ribbon bar during WWII to confirm the composition. HELP!

Any help would be most appreciated.

post-163-1124593293_thumb.jpg

Hi Bob:

the two last ribbons could have been Italian, since all the Italian decorations were outlawed by Hitler when Italy betrayed the Axis-alliance with Germany in 1943. That would make sense. I have already seen such ribbon bars with ribbons removed at the end (foreign ribbons) in another case, a German admiral who had Italian ribbons on the second row of his bars.

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

I found the thread of that admiral I was mentioning before:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...hlight=litzmann

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...light=lietzmann

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...light=lietzmann

In this case the owner just blackened his Italian ribbons, but I do remember that Detlev who split and sold Lietzmann's huge set of military insignia, medals and bars, the admiral had several sets of ribbon bars. On some of them the Italian ribbons were just taken away.

Fortunately I could purchase "only" Lietzmann's EK 1. Klasse Wiederholungsspange 1939...

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

As an aside, here yet again is one of those most fun pieces that RR's ability to pour through the rank/honor lists put a name on this bar. The Combination of WW1 awards would only have been possible to exactly 2 people. The second was a major fighting in Poland as a Pioneer...... logical process of elimination would have had him with an EK2, not KVK2wX, tah-dah! General! beer.gif

As a second aside, despite the best tutoring available, I still cannot "read" these lists, symbols and cryptic notes as my Twin does. He is a wizard, probably with a pact to some evil spirit that has given him the gift he has catjava.gif

@ Stogieman: Go?rau could have easely been awarded of Italian order if he was working for the RLM before the war and had something to do with Italian Embassy or Italian counterpart in his administrative level.

Ciao,

Claudio