News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Additionally I have also received these LW "LS" (luftschutz) Bau shoulder straps. PaulR how do you like them?

Steve

Those are not Bau. They were motorized SHD units, brought directly into the Luftwaffe... :love:

On 10Mar1942, the motorized SHD Battalions were transferred to the Luftwaffe and re-designated the motorized Air Protection Battalions.

See details here!

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=20352

Hi Paul,

That tunic took forever to sell? It had a bit more wear than I like on a tunic but I was nearly ready to spring some loose chash for it. Too late it sold! Bummer.

Paul, I figured you would know the truth on these shoulder straps.

Steve

Edited by airborne steve

Those shoulder straps are very misunderstood. Most people(myself included, until I researched them recently) think it was for LW personnel attached to the Luftschutz. Actually, it is the other way around- to a point.

Paul

I just won a single shoulder strap with that very combination on it, I will post it here when it arrives in the mail

from the auction house that I scored it from, nice to see the pair together Steve.

Bob

Just after I typed out my reply the postman was delivering my single shoulder strap with the 'LS' device on it,

so here is my example, very slight variation from Steve's....

(It cost me $60 Aust, or about 50 US, so hope I was in the ballpark with price).

Now to muddy the water a bit, in B.L. Davis' book Uniforms & Insignia of the Luftwaffe Volume 1

1933-1940, on page 133, illustration number 368, he states that:

''LS Entwined letters worn by personnel of the School for Air Traffic Control"

(Reichsschule fur Luftaufsicht).

The chart from page 133....

Hi Steve,

I agree, now I start my quest to try and get a pair of them (I have a pair with the aluminium devices on them for an NCO)

and I wouldn't care if they were slightly different sizes either, you have a very nice pair of them.

Paul I think either would fit the bill by the look of it, I will run with what they are calling them in the books I think.

Cheers

Bob

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want this tunic because it would draw to much controversey for my taste. Also, no shoulder straps etc. wierd tunic.

Steve

I know... I saw that one as well. It really made scratch my head. Could be 100%(but where are the shoulder straps. There is no RECORDED waffenfarbe for these troops on Temporary assignment), but too risky for the cash involved.