News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luft 2nd Pattern Daggers

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question here. I have an acquaintance that tells me that the Third Reich firm of Paul Seilheimer made 2nd Pattern Luftys......is this correct?? I have NEVER myself seen or heard of a blade marked by this particular maker before. Can someone confirm this and or show me a maker mark tied to this firm?? Thanks for any help you can lend!

ERIC

Thanks very much JTW!! You learn something everyday! Would I be correct to assume that the bottom symbol on the catalog cover page is the maker mark of choice for their blades, or was this one, as well as the 'DOG' mark, both used together at the same time or at different time frames? Thanks again for any help you can lend here John.

ERIC

Eric,

As far as can remember, and we're talking about the days when my Alzheimer's only affected my short term memory, and to confuse things even more, 'Seilheimer' used another mark in the form of a large 'PS' in a circle. I've only handled a couple of 'Seilheimer' blades, one being marked with the 'RZM' code M7/38 and the other, I think.... was the ?Dog?. wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Although I've never seen a Seilheimer Luftwaffe dagger, I would think it to be a rare bird indeed. I've seen both Seilheimer logos on Heer daggers, the "PS" logo several times and the dog logo just once.

I've also seen Seilheimer bayonets previously, the dog logo on a dress K98 bayonet and I have a fireman's bayonet with the "PS" logo.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...