News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Irish FCA Service Medals

Hallo Mark, :beer:

Belated welcome to the forum,

Very nice picture, please add shots of the rear.

As a ex-Irish Defence Force veteran with over 21 years service including service with the U.N. in Lebanon,

I cannot help but wonder why regular military personel have no bar to their service medals for 21 years service. :(

Is anybody campaigning for such a bar?

Since moving to live in Romania I am slightly out of touch with all the changes despite still having some contacts still serving

in the Irish Defence Forces and two brothers with the F.C.A.

Kevin in Deva. :D

Kevin,

Will post pictures of the reverse later, didn't take any this afternoon (was easier just to take the obverse!)

Can't tell you if anyone is campaigning for a 21 year bar for the PDF, may become an issue later on though. From what I can remember that my partner was telling me (girlfriend just so there is no confusion there!) so is a sub Lieutenant with the Naval Service the terms of the contracts for officers is changing. You probably know that they could go on a half pension after 12 years or wait for the 20 years. Well apaprently that is changing and now you sign up for the full 20 years! Will get confirmation on this tomorrow, maybe I should start reading An Cosantoir again!

Regards,

Mark