News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

where can i find french ribbon stars?

bifter

I am in DESPERATE NEED of french bronze, siver & gold stars for the ribbon of my vichy Croix du Guerre. I was telted by the dealer i got it from that she knew the origional recipient & that the ribbon should have the emblems on. But the ribbon has only a number of holes!!!! I REALLY NEED to get these stars in order to make the balance tidy. I just don't feel right having a medal incomplete & with a ribbon full of holes; it is like going out without any pants on.

If any of you can help i will be very gratful!!!

I just NEED to know where to get them from, in England or Europe.

Thank you!

5 GBP each gilt, silver, bronze( Item Ref No: L1786)

liverpool medals

Yikes ! Not hard to find in my neighbouring country of France and, without postage, I'd get three for that amount. However, they would likely be newly manufactured ones but I guess that goes for the Liverpool ones as well : no mention of anything to the contrary in their ad.

Cheers,

Hendrik

Yikes ! Not hard to find in my neighbouring country of France and, without postage, I'd get three for that amount. However, they would likely be newly manufactured ones but I guess that goes for the Liverpool ones as well : no mention of anything to the contrary in their ad.

Cheers,

Hendrik

@Hendrik, I know the stars at liverpool medals are overpriced but i had the impression bift was desperately looking and wanted to have them as fast as possible.

haynau

With regards Liverpool medals, they are currently showing this item: L14668 at 35 Pounds.

Under the description of a 1941 Romanian Anti-Partisan Medal :speechless:

http://www.liverpoolmedals.com/FMPro?-db=l...t2.htm&-new

as also with this piece: L14712 at 35 Pounds.

A common Crusade Against Communisum 1941 Medal :speechless:

http://www.liverpoolmedals.com/FMPro?-db=l...t2.htm&-new

As far as I am aware there was no specific Anti-Partisan Insignia for the Romanians.

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

Yes, as with most dealers, the more removed they become from their arena of maximum comfort (in this case, British ODM), the more ragged their identifications become and the more random their pricing gets. I think this is true for all professional dealers and becomes positively laughable when you delve into the festering swamp of eBay.

We could post dozens of laughable examples, from a wide range of dealers. This is why it is vitally important for the collector to have their books and journals as ready reference.

Hello Gents,

I've taken the liberty to ask Liverpool Medals for a picture of the reverse of that "table medal" : they were showing the same picture as both obverse and reverse on their site ... curious to see if they will spot the error of identification :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Hendrik

• 2 weeks later...

You won't usually get a reply from Arthus Bertrand in the rue de Rennes other than to refer you to their retail outlets. Their principal retail point for ODM and accessories is

6 Place Saint Germain des Pr?s,

75006 Paris

Tel.: 33 (0) 1 49 54 72 10

Opening hours:

Mon. 11 a.m.-7 p.m. and

Tue. ? Sat. 10.15 a.m.-7 p.m.

shopinfo@arthus-bertrand.fr

More precisely, the ODM department can be contacted at decorations@arthus-bertrand.fr or by phone on +33 (0)1 6993 6993

There are people there who speak pretty good English. Don't mention that it's for a Vichy cross...

Hope this helps,

Paddy

Edited by PKeating