News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Sturmbann z.b.V. IV/Wf." Cufftitle ?

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Is this S.A. ? Or ... ?

All I've got is this camera shot from a friend even more in the boonies than I am. Not concerned with originality as yet-- will get this scanned, front and back, when we next meet, as far as THOSE questions go...

just wondering what the heck it IS, and if this was something worn for a short time period, or by Very Strange "for special purposes" Westphalian battalions indeed?

Hi Rick,

Yes, that's what it said. zur besondere Verwendung. It's SA, and 100% authentic.

Larger SA units had such a Sturmbann zur besondere Verwendung (special purposes)

The were also F?hrer zur besondere Verwendung, mostly people without an active role in the SA, but with a SA rank.

Best,

Laurens

Edited by laurens

Guest Rick Research

Thanks! Would this be for RESERVE types, like when the Stahlhelm was enrolled in the S.A. Reserve II? What would the "special" purposes have been? I will make nice Epson scans when I can. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

It's true. He is the Evil PAUL. :catjava:

Here it is, front and back scanned from a very nice visit today.

I don't have a good COLOR reference, but from this cranberry/white combination, can the Standarte be determined?