News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hessen Feldwebel-Leutnant

Charles,

Another question for you. Do both of the lions on the collar disks face the same direction? As I recall, the Hessians did not have a right and a left like the Bavarians.

Chip

Charles,

Another question for you. Do both of the lions on the collar disks face the same direction? As I recall, the Hessians did not have a right and a left like the Bavarians.

Chip

Chip,

You are correct aobut the collar disk, both are the same.

Charles:

Very interesting rank and insignia on a very scarce tunic! Congratulations!

Dave

Thanks, I'm very please with the set. If I get better with the camera and image sizing I'll post more images of the tunic and trousers. I need a Hessen Infantry visor cap now... who has one to spare?

Edited by ccj

Beautiful uniform Charles. A pleasure for my eyes :jumping::jumping:

This uniform has a name or not. With historical regiment unit you can easily find the name of all the Feldwebel-Leutnant. A great research for you my friend.

Regards

Christophe

Beautiful uniform Charles. A pleasure for my eyes :jumping::jumping:

This uniform has a name or not. With historical regiment unit you can easily find the name of all the Feldwebel-Leutnant. A great research for you my friend.

Regards

Christophe

No name,

I did see maker's label inside. I need to look at it again because I can't remember the name.

Thanks, I'm very please with the set. If I get better with the camera and image sizing I'll post more images of the tunic and trousers. I need a Hessen Infantry visor cap now... who has one to spare?

Charles,

Resizing pics is easy using the Picasa photoediting programme, http://picasa.google.com/ . Just select the pic you need to resize, and then select "File" and "Export to another file". A window will pop up that allows you to select the scale, and thus resize the picture. All my original pics are around 2.5 MB, rescaled to whatever size I need them in.

Regards,

Sandro

Charles,

Resizing pics is easy using the Picasa photoediting programme, http://picasa.google.com/ . Just select the pic you need to resize, and then select "File" and "Export to another file". A window will pop up that allows you to select the scale, and thus resize the picture. All my original pics are around 2.5 MB, rescaled to whatever size I need them in.

Regards,

Sandro

Thanks, I'll check it out. Is this free?

• 4 months later...

An update to the Hessian Feldwebel-Lt of IR116. He is wearing an infantry visor cap for an Hessian officer and a Warrior Honor Decoration in Iron. I don't see anything in the in my search indicating a man could not receive this decoration before the EKI.

Besides, I'm low on EKIs :rolleyes:

• 7 years later...

Charles,

Lovely setup but the Feldwebelleutnant was not authorized to wear the commissioned officers' Feldbinde or Feldkoppel. The regulations stipulated a "simple" leather belt for the purpose of carrying a pistol etc.

Regards

Glenn